I love Pawn Shops.

I love Pawn Shops.

This is a discussion on I love Pawn Shops. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lookie what followed me home. Mossberg 500 12ga. Out the door... $120. Came set up for turkey, replaced choke with a improved cyl choke, all ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love Pawn Shops.

I love Pawn Shops.

Lookie what followed me home.

Mossberg 500 12ga. Out the door... $120.

Came set up for turkey, replaced choke with a improved cyl choke, all is well now.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Sweet Deal

VIP Member
    Not bad at all. Unfortunately the pawn shop nearest me is run by a guy who really knows his guns...and what they are worth. Hard to find such a good deal there. It's a good place to ask questions, though.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Pawn shops are great sources for great deals, you never know what you may find. Fantastic buy, not only do you have a good home defense weapon but also a means to put Thanksiving dinner on the table.

Pawn shops-----hidden treasures every now and then. Gotta be in the right place at the right time! I like the deal you got--wish I could come across it tomorrow! I've had my fair share of good deals through the pawn shop. Only one concerning guns, and many concerning electronics or tools. I'd never cross them off the shopping list. Congrats on your special purchase!

Ty, I was actually heading in there on a tip from a buddy, they HAD a 10/22 carbine with scope and harris bi-pod for $130, It was sold about a week ago, lucky for me, this shotgun came in yesterday, and left with me. :D
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I just see a picture of a chair. Where is the gun? Oh wait there it is, carefully blending in.

Good find and a good deal.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

M500

Got one just like it that has nailed a few Turkey in its day (the only thing I hunt anymore). Nice, simple.....will last forever. It's killed countless more clays though..............

Great deal....

John

That is a great deal. Did it come DuraCoated or does Mossberg sell them in that style of camo??...
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Are nearest pawn shop is filled with "newbies" that pretend to be "Warriors" when ever you browse their gun selection.

You know the types. They hate 9mm lugers because some cop told them that he shot a perp five times with it and he didn't go down. Never mind the cop hit every place but a vital organ or the central nervous system.

All they carry is Glock, and of course all these kids know for a fact that they are carried by Delta Force, SEAL Team Six, and CIA operatives........(insert idiot emoticon)
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

They can't deal in guns in Michigan by State Law.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Senior Moderator
    Good find, I love Mossy's 500's
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    Are nearest pawn shop is filled with "newbies" that pretend to be "Warriors" when ever you browse their gun selection.

You know the types. They hate 9mm lugers because some cop told them that he shot a perp five times with it and he didn't go down. Never mind the cop hit every place but a vital organ or the central nervous system.

All they carry is Glock, and of course all these kids know for a fact that they are carried by Delta Force, SEAL Team Six, and CIA operatives........(insert idiot emoticon)
    Most the pawn shops are old grizzled men, this one just happened to be MAYBE a year or three older then me, (im 22 ) and knew enough to check the chamber before he handed it to me. I think they just take a really low value to weapons there, they had a XD service .40 for $350 also... With a few extra mags and everything. Most of thier guns were crap, but they had a few deals there. I'll be checking that place more often.
    -Dale Gribble.

The pawn shops in my area suck. They over price things and don't want to trade unless they rape ya in the deal. Never hardly ever find anything worth dealing on there. One of them does have pretty decent new gun prices from time to time though. But rarely a deal on anything they already raped someone else for. Just cannot seem to find one of those "real" pawn shops anymore.

I am in Rochester NY and I don't even think I have ever seen a pawn shop. If there is one then its not in a neighborhood I belong in. I will be moving to Florida in May though, and I see them on every corner.
    Anyone know of any good ones in Tampa with good gun deals?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links