Defensive Carry banner

A new stock for the SOCOM

6K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  cphilip 
#1 ·
This is a fairly rare pattern called Desert Sand done by Rick Mack back in 2003 on a Springfield SOCOM 16 M1A

See less See more
#4 ·
Hehehe... good one...

Yea that forward rail mount comes on and with the SOCOM 16. It also comes on the SOCOM II I believe (along with a load of other rails on that one). And can be put on any M1A for that matter. You do then have to cut the upper guard of a normal upper hand guard out so it will slot through. But otherwise it is a normal M1A stock. It really works best with a Red Dot of some kind because of its forward position. Not so well with optics that need closer eye to optic position. Works real good with a Holosight or a Red Dot. And that is sort of the intent of this model is a "Sort of CQC" weapon or medium to longer ranges in that application.

#8 ·
That is sweet! A SOCOM is on my 'would love to have but will never be able to afford to buy' list. Haha.

#13 ·
He used to. He was a pretty prolific painter back in the day but he seemed to quit around 03 or so. He had a site and business called Whamo-Camo. Was pretty well known at Thefireingline and was (may still be) Admin there.

Not sure what he is up too but his stocks rarely come on the market. He signed them inside.

I can ask the guy I bought mine off of if he is letting any more go. He had a good group of them done by Rick. He put two up and I should have bought them both. The Tiger got snatched while I was posting a picture for the seller! But I got the Desert Sand before I posted it for him...

Here is a related site:

This Page is Dedicated to WhamoCamo and to SparrowHawkM14

#11 ·
I had a SOCOM II that I converted back to a SOCOM 16, I bought the scout rail and hand guard on eBay, I think I ended up paying $118. Fulton Armory makes a scout rail, but it's pricey.

VLTOR makes the quad rail for the SOCOM II, but you can only order it through Springfield. I don't know if you can order the scout rail from them, I sent an inquiry to them prior to going the eBay route, but I never got a response.

#23 ·
Was doing some Artistic Photography this weekend...

Figured I might post these. The M1 family and some WWII stuff as well...

WWII theme shots with WWII guns

This one is my favorite... and my new wall paper for the time being...

The above are both 1943 production guns and that is a 1943-45 Front Seam Swivel Bail Helmet with original Chin strap, although the cargo net is reproduction and the liner is early 50's and refurbished. The Garand Bayonet is 1943-45 but the Carbine Bayonet is from around 1950 to 55 or so. The slings and pouches are reproductions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.