Aimpoint questions .....

This is a discussion on Aimpoint questions ..... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was reading about them and it seems they don't have an off switch to turn off the dot ? Or do different models have ...

Thread: Aimpoint questions .....

Aimpoint questions .....

I was reading about them and it seems they don't have an off switch to turn off the dot ? Or do different models have an off switch ? I want to get an Aimpoint for my AR but would like to get the cheapest one they sell, I was looking at the ML and C3 versions. Basically it will be for home defense and practicing on the range. I was looking into getting a cheaper red dot but I changed my mind and decided to go with the proven Aimpoint. Would I have to buy the mount/ring seperate from the Aimpoint ?
    Springfield Armory 1911-A1 TRP SS
    Glock 17
    Glock 32 ( w/ 23 barrel )
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9

2. Remove Ads

I think the idea is to leave it on all the time so its ready when you pick it up. The batteries last at least a year - some models are around 5+ years IIRC. You will need to get a mount for most models - the Comp M4 has an integral mount, the T1 does too but would be too low for comfortable aiming on an AR. Hope this helps.

Austin

I have an Aimpoint red dot...10 position, and on the 11th' click it turns off. Aka the off switch. Great red dot imo...
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

VIP Member
    The most inexpensive Aimpoint will be the CompC3.

Read this excellent thread on M4Carbine.net: Comparison Chart of Aimpoint Models - M4Carbine.net Forums

I have an M3 and CompC3 (4MOA dot) for my ARs.

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    (SNIP) the Comp M4 has an integral mount, the T1 does too but would be too low for comfortable aiming on an AR. Hope this helps.

Austin
    Not sure you know this, but LaRue makes the quick-detach LT-660 mount which raises the height of the T1 and still allows for (lower) 1/3 co-witness with your back-up iron sights.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    The most inexpensive Aimpoint will be the CompC3.

Read this excellent thread on M4Carbine.net: Comparison Chart of Aimpoint Models - M4Carbine.net Forums

I have an M3 and CompC3 (4MOA dot) for my ARs.

Not sure you know this, but LaRue makes the quick-detach LT-660 mount which raises the height of the T1 and still allows for (lower) 1/3 co-witness with your back-up iron sights.
    Any input as to why you purchased the 4MOA dots instead of the 2MOA dots? I have the ability to get a Comp M3 for $350 and should be able to get eithe 2MOA or 4 MOA. I looked through my buddies 4MOA. The brightest setting made the dot appear bigger. I was thinking about getting the 2MOA and cranking it up for short distances.

thoughts?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    Any input as to why you purchased the 4MOA dots instead of the 2MOA dots? I have the ability to get a Comp M3 for $350 and should be able to get eithe 2MOA or 4 MOA. I looked through my buddies 4MOA. The brightest setting made the dot appear bigger. I was thinking about getting the 2MOA and cranking it up for short distances.

thoughts?
    Why purchase the 4MOA version?....easy....I found a NIB one on AR15.com for $250. Price was nice.

$350 for a M3.....new? If so sojourner, I think you just found a new best buddy....if you come across another one at that price...PM me!

Why purchase the 4MOA version?....easy....I found a NIB one on AR15.com for $250. Price was nice.

$350 for a M3.....new? If so sojourner, I think you just found a new best buddy....if you come across another one at that price...PM me!
    Thanks. it does look like i will have to jump on this offer. I might just get the 2MOA version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx1911 View Post
    I was reading about them and it seems they don't have an off switch to turn off the dot ? Or do different models have an off switch ? I want to get an Aimpoint for my AR but would like to get the cheapest one they sell, I was looking at the ML and C3 versions. Basically it will be for home defense and practicing on the range. I was looking into getting a cheaper red dot but I changed my mind and decided to go with the proven Aimpoint. Would I have to buy the mount/ring seperate from the Aimpoint ?

The C3 is the way to go IMHO. Gives you just about the same capability as the ML3 without the extra cost.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post

thoughts?
    Get the 2MOA dot as you can make a 2MOA a 4MOA, but cannot go the other way around.

$350 is high, give us a call for a better price.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

VIP Member
    ....I purchased my M3 (or rather auctioned for it) Grant from you two or three years ago...if you are selling them less than that, I may need to call you soon.....but first I need two BCGs....

Quote Originally Posted by C4iGrant View Post
    Get the 2MOA dot as you can make a 2MOA a 4MOA, but cannot go the other way around.

$350 is high, give us a call for a better price.

C4
    We spoke last week over the phone. Private message sent. Look forward to working with you.

....I purchased my M3 (or rather auctioned for it) Grant from you two or three years ago...if you are selling them less than that, I may need to call you soon.....but first I need two BCGs....

We have BCG's as well!

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Grant do you stock the eotech 557 yet
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Links