a bolt action use question

This is a discussion on a bolt action use question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now as many know i have taken a break from the forum a bit , but more than that i have taken a protracted break ...

Thread: a bolt action use question

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

a bolt action use question

Now as many know i have taken a break from the forum a bit , but more than that i have taken a protracted break from my guns . I just picked up one of my bolts today and find my self removing it from the pocket to cycle the action . For the bolt guys a question ... how do i fix this without range time . I am working on dry fire , put the gun down and pick it up to retrain , but its not coming back as i would like it to . I am again at the point where it feels aquard to slap the bolt with the rifle shouldered and my hands are fumbling again . give me some dry fire drills or something to get back in the zone with my bolt(s ) lol . All suggestions are appreciated just note i dont want to and cant afford to go pop 500+ rounds right now to dial back into function . I am asking and somewhat frustrated because i worked for years to build the skillset that i could cycle a bolt as fast as many could shoot a semi .. and it seems i have lost the skill . Ill keep " shooting the tv " and cycling the bolt on shoulder as any suggestions come inn , if nothing else repetition will rebuild some of the skill set .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Repetitive dry fire practice should do it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I just picked up one of my bolts today and find my self removing it from the pocket to cycle the action
    I think that's hard for anyone (me included), not to do too many times consecutively unless you're at a bench or prone. Repetition should be your best bet IMO.

Links