Olympic Arms :: Reputation - Page 2

Olympic Arms :: Reputation

This is a discussion on Olympic Arms :: Reputation within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm from Washington, and I like to support my local economy - but I figured the Northwest in general is better than nothing. I have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympic Arms :: Reputation

I'm from Washington, and I like to support my local economy - but I figured the Northwest in general is better than nothing. I have no personal experience with Olympic Arms - I've just read a lot of horrible things, and when I mentioned to my dealer (here in FL) that I was getting some lowers he asked if they were Olympics - because he wanted to be sure I didn't get them. Apparently he has had some bad experiences with them as well. Its all second hand, but there it is.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Would not... sorry, that was a typo. I dont know about anything else they make.
    Thought that is what you meant. Seems like your first post pretty much covered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcelroy View Post
    Let's just say "they are OK". Not good, not great, but not terrible.......I want the best weapon that I can buy with my hard earned money and for me the Olympic Arms is not that weapon.
    Did not find much about them on the AR15 forum which says something as well. As much as I like good deals. Looks like I'd be better off getting a decent AK for the same money. Not at all like this Stoeger that I have been looking at, which does look like a great deal. Thanks all you probably saved me a couple hundred bucks.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Thought that is what you meant. Seems like your first post pretty much covered it.

Did not find much about them on the AR15 forum which says something as well. As much as I like good deals. Looks like I'd be better off getting a decent AK for the same money. Not at all like this Stoeger that I have been looking at, which does look like a great deal. Thanks all you probably saved me a couple hundred bucks.
    You may have missed this:

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Olympic Arms

Mega Machine Shop out of Tumwater/Vancouver is a great local company. They make the "gator" lower... it's great if you already grip your rifle at the magazine well rather than the forend.

There's a review here:
    commtechreview.net REVIEW: MEGA MACHINE SHOP GATOR-GRIP AR-15 LOWER

ColemanTyler sells a rebranded version:
    Colemantyler AR15web.com AR15 rifles & parts: LOWER RECEIVERS & PARTS
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    You may have missed this:

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Olympic Arms
    OMG total FUBAR I have never ever read so much negative stuff about any weapon ever. After reading that I think we should supply Oly weapons to gangbangers, thugs, terrorists and insurgents for free. As the only person I can think of that I would recommend an Oly Arm to is anyone likely to shoot at me. Again thanks you all saved me some green.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    OMG total FUBAR I have never ever read so much negative stuff about any weapon ever. After reading that I think we should supply Oly weapons to gangbangers, thugs, terrorists and insurgents for free. As the only person I can think of that I would recommend an Oly Arm to is anyone likely to shoot at me. Again thanks you all saved me some green.
    Obviously experiences will vary. Many people have had no problems, and it seems agreed that their biggest problems were their cast lowers... which they don't make anymore. That said... I don't bother with them.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Here's a VERY good post going over various technical details and then into specific makes of AR's. I don't have, or even want, an AR right now, but I still had to pour over it, very informative! Lot's of good pics.

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh? - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    Here's a VERY good post going over various technical details and then into specific makes of AR's. I don't have, or even want, an AR right now, but I still had to pour over it, very informative! Lot's of good pics.

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh? - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com
    Thats a very well written consice AR buying guide. Thank you its probably the single best source of AR info I have ever seen.

FWIW: I purchased one as my first AR in 2005. I did not know much about them, or other AR manufacturers at the time. Went to a gun show. There was a local gunsmith selling them. You could order it in any set up you wanted. Paid $599.00. Customized it from there.

I have had zero problems with mine.

If I was going to purchase another AR, it would be a S&W, Bushmaster, Sig 556, etc.
    Why?
    Not because I am unhappy with my OLY., but because I do believe in name brand quality when it comes to anything that operates on a machine-like level.

OLY Owners Site with Forums: Olympic Arms Owners Association

Wow, what great information on AR's - Rustynuts posted. Thanks.

It's changed my whole point of view on the quality of different AR Manufacturers.

YouTube - Magpul Industries SHOTSHOW 2008 Part 1

I'll be saving for that, and hope to have mine by Christmas.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links