SKS ? - Page 2

SKS ?

This is a discussion on SKS ? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wish it was a non rearsenal but it is a fairly correct example even still with the original type of Artic Birch stock so ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SKS ?

Just wish it was a non rearsenal but it is a fairly correct example even still with the original type of Artic Birch stock so I am pleased with it. It is a very mint gun. The guy I bought it from also has a real nice Norinco he was wanting to sell. I might have to pursue it too. But I have so many other things that take precedent to that since I have the Russian Izzy already.

I had one of the 16" detachable AK mag. ones. I think it was called a SKS-M. The only problem is that it won't feed hollowpoints that well and would only work ok with Chinese made mags and not a 20 or 30 rd. eastern bloc mag.
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

I have a SKS with a Chinese made 20 rd. non-detachable mag. I have had ok luck with them. The SKS's I have had usually shot a lot better than the MAK 90(AK) I had.
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat35 View Post
    the simonov is a great rifle. theres a reason its the first choice weapon for the limited budget sniper in almost every conflict the us has been in since vietnam. they're tough, reliable, and accurate.
    Only thing to add.... Keep it relatively clean. I once took care of a 16 year old who was shot by his younger brother when his SKS went full auto (and got away from him) because the firing pin stuck in the "out" position. Not pretty...

Good point. They do not have spring assisted return firing pins. They can be retrofitted them them though.

I just picked this one up
    SKS in 7.62-39
    modafided to take a AK 30 rd mag
    no problem with FTFs
    I have never had any use for a weapon like this
    you can see from my other post that I own all
    hunting guns and 2 side arms
    BUT ,,,with the political and social climate
    looking like it does ,I figgererd I might need
    a little more firepower .
    When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

Centerfire Systems ALWAYS has stripper clips for SKS on sale (last time I was in the building, they had a PALLET of boxes...about 500,000 of em).

FYI
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

I use a Tapco 20 rounder on my Norinco and haven't had any problems, however I have only shot it about 100 times with that mag. I bought this mag at gun show because the seller said they seem to be the best. All of The 30 round steel mags I used sucked. I am leaving my Russian original with 10 round attached.
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

SKS Help

Need help here !!
    I read this on U-tube
    ""and dont put a folding stock or telescope stock on a norico!!! in just found out and im mad!!!
    clutchcrusher (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam You can't put a folding OR a telescoping stock on a norinco? why not what give I have on and was looking for a folding stock, is there one that will work?
    studmaster101 (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam when i took my norinco in to get the stock put on, the guy said it was illegal. He said that the norico has to have a fixed stock..anyways he said if i had it and got caught i would go away for years
    Tanikaze2 (2 weeks ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam he lied.
    studmaster101 (1 week ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam the reason you can not put that on a norinco is because of the ATF law that states the norinco is a sporting rifle, not an assault rifle. if you put a telescoping stock or folding stock onto a norinco it classifies as a assault rifle. its illegal and you could go away for years.""

Can anyone tell me about this
    statement .
    Thanks ahead of time
    When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

Well... thats not exactly right... nor would it matter. There is no Assault Weapons ban in SC.

you do have to comply with 922r though. Anytime you change a listed part on an imported rifle (imported only because it has a sporting purpose and configuration) you subject it to 922r and must then make sure it has no more than 10 imported parts. Or change them until it does. Technically that is... mostly I don't see too many SKS's that bother to comply I am afraid to say. Most AK people are pretty aware of this.

But, thats kind of hard to read what you posted... but there is no Assault Weapons ban in effect in this state. There are some states have them. Not many.

Thanks I bought the weapon as is , at a show,
    and never considered the weapons ban
    I would hate to go to jail for somthing I did,nt know.
    When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

well ya scared me enuff !!!
    So I went and got one leagle like

When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

i could have gotten an sks once w/bells and whistles cheap. i wish i had now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Well guys I bought a norinco about 3 weeks ago and did a few mods here and there and it shoots great,no malfunctions at all.It will handle tapco 20 rounders with no problems at all.I am very happy with it.sj

I was happy with the SKS
    very good weapon
    But was I leagle
    now I feel better about run in with
    ATF and such
    When outnumbered 2 to 1.
    Shoot twice!
    Gopher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links