Defensive Carry banner

Maybe a new(to me) russian sks

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  357sig 
#1 ·
Hey guys,I just bid $165 on a russian sks,I'm prepared to go up to $300 on it if I have to.I hope I get it.I've been trying to find one as clean as this one looks.I know nothing about them so I will have to do some learning.:image035: sj

#2 ·
The Russian guns are suppose to be first rate and I have one but my son's Yugo whips it badly from the bench at 100 yards. 2-inch groups as opposed to 4-inch groups.

#3 ·
Good luck, Russians are very nice SKS's. If it's a refurb you may get it for $300 and that would be a very good deal, Non-Refurbs are getting close to $500 this days. Do you know the year and factory?

#5 ·
I just paid $325 shipped for a 53 Izzy...

It was a rearsenaled but it retained the Artic Birch stock and is all matching and is almost unfired condtion.

The fact its an Izzy increases its value a tad. Being that arsenal only built them two years. And the fact its still got the Artic Birch stock adds a little.

The fact is is rearsenal detracts a tad but not that much anymore as most of them were. Depends on what it is and how hard it is to get and Izzys are harder to get than Tula. And all Russians are getting harder to get in any form.

That gives you some idea of current value... however seeing them more often at over $400 to around $450. I would say if you can get it for $300-350 your doing alright.

#6 ·
I don't know if I will get it or not,everytime I bid some guy overbids me by a dollar.I bid 165 he bids 166,I bid 175 he bids 176,I just bid 200 he came back with 201.I'll just have to be sitting there when the auction ends and right before,I'll hit it with about 350 and see what happens.:mad: sj

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.