*Official DC AR15 picture thread* - Page 19

*Official DC AR15 picture thread*

This is a discussion on *Official DC AR15 picture thread* within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jonconsiglio It is quite a ressurection but at least it's a pic thread and not a 'what gun should I get' thread. ...

Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: *Official DC AR15 picture thread*

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    It is quite a ressurection but at least it's a pic thread and not a 'what gun should I get' thread. Pic threads like this should be stickied.

KAC SR15 x2

LMT MRP 12"

LWRC PSD 8"
    was wondering when you were gonna come show off
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

EDIT - I already posted the mk18, I guess I got confused for a moment! here's a couple new ones that someone asked for to show the scout light mount and KAC front sight clearance.

Here's another for ya! Got it last week.. LMT mk18 10.5" upper on Noveske lower.

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Well, I bought a LMT CBQ MRP for myself on Father's Day. I haven't even gotten to the range with it yet, so it seems like I should at least shoot and zero it before I throw a picture up

John--you were a prof photographer in your former life--what are you doing now? (besides shooting a lot)
    I was a professional photographer for the past 7 years then about two years ago business just started going bad. I was one of the highest charging in within a couple hundred miles and stayed quite busy, then out of nowhere I took a serious hit. I've always been shooter and I got into the defensive end of it after being carjacked/kidnapped on July 12th of 1999 in Pittsburgh, PA when I was 19 years old. About 4 or 5 years ago, people that i'd meet at the range or friends of friends would ask me to train them, usually on the AR. This past two or three years, I've been doing it more and more. I work with a number of Law Enforcement now and most of what I do is advanced carbine type stuff. I've also done a bit of close protection work for mostly congressmen and some "security consulting" for their homes, offices and family.

I have no clue where I'm headed right now though. It's intimidating and I'm stressed to hell and back. I like the firearms industry and enjoy what I do but I've taken quite a pay cut for the time being. My wife is working on her RN, but we have a while to go. We've been talking about leaving Corpus Christi and heading to Florida, just not sure where and what the heck I'll do exactly. The next few years will be interesting. I've been thinking about LAw Enforcement myself since I associate with so many of them. I've also been thinking about joining the Army just because it's something I regret not doing… Well, I would prefer the Marines, but at 31, the Army is about my only choice. Then there's security and protection work. I enjoyed the little bit I've done, the pay was great and it gives you a pretty good feeling as well.

With two kids (6 years and 22 months), I don't have the luxury of time, so I need to make some serious decisions now and just get on with it. Thanks for asking…. Hopefully I'll have a good answer relatively soon!

Here's a pic so I stay somewhat on topic!

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I know it's not an AR, but there is 'AR' in scAR.... SCAR 17 (Heavy - 7.62x51)

Well at your age if you are in good shape and have a good history (credit, personal, etc.) Go Fed. The pay and benefits are excelelnt and those guys all seem to love their jobs.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Well I hate to be a downer and don't listen if you don't like it but, I spent 10 yrs in the military 6 usmc infantry 4 army - sniper and I only learned 2 things about the government: 1. They will screw you every chance they get. 2. They are EXTREMELY reliable

Figured I'd post these here as well.

From left to right - Iraq Ninja's ("industry professional" from m4carbine) BCM middy, Iraq Ninja Jr's Tactical Solutions (barreled) .22 10/22, my SR15 w/ IN's Halo (I was running it on a Noveske lower instead of the KAC lower) and my SCAR H.

My Noveske/LMT mk18 --- which is softer shooting with the Vltor A5 than my SR15.

My SR15

SCAR H

Iraq Ninja Jr's precision rig w/ Nightforce 2.5-10 and my SR15 with my T1 and ACOG 4x32

Iraq Ninja's BCM Middy

Mods, sticky?

VIP Member
    realized I hadn't posted mine on here
    Duty rifle
    Rock River LAR-15, flat top receiver, heavy barrel, Dominator mount, Eotech XPS2-0, single point sling, Hogue grip, Streamlight TLR-1, Pmags w/windows, and my 5.11 thigh rig with my spare mags I keep in the front seat with bag, also attached is my new sheath for SOG Seal Pup knife and a G17 spare mag in the pouch

my other AR at home is getting some stuff tweaked on it and I'll put pic on here asap
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

JD and SIGguy229 like this.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
    Welcome back! That pic makes me yearn for the day that Iowa lifts the ban on "civilian" ownership of of SBRs.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Welcome back! That pic makes me yearn for the day that Iowa lifts the ban on "civilian" ownership of of SBRs.
    Thank you very much. Yeah, I love AZ.

VIP Member
    Holy cowbells! Welcome back Packerfan XD! You fell off of the Earth and have now returned. :)
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Holy cowbells! Welcome back Packerfan XD! You fell off of the Earth and have now returned. :)
    Haha yeah, I'm back for now. I've been busy making little libertarians; so many good forums and so little time.

Sponsored Links