*Official DC AR15 picture thread* - Page 22

*Official DC AR15 picture thread*

This is a discussion on *Official DC AR15 picture thread* within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Very nice dissipator!...

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree286Likes

Thread: *Official DC AR15 picture thread*

Very nice dissipator!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

New project. AAC 300 blackout

Started this one as well. I'm sending the barrel off to adco to be cut down to 14.5" and pinned.
    KAC 300m rear sight and handstop have been added since this pic. Hope to have it done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    New project. AAC 300 blackout

Started this one as well. I'm sending the barrel off to adco to be cut down to 14.5" and pinned.
    KAC 300m rear sight and handstop have been added since this pic. Hope to have it done soon.

We have very similar tastes in rifles between the mk18, m4a1 and didn't you have an SR15 as well?

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Jon. You have a badass collection of bangsticks. I can't keep up with you man but I'm trying lol.
    My name is jon too! Spelled with no "h" haha.

VIP Member
    Here is my Rifle Dynamics AR. The pic is from their website right after it was completed.

It has a Fail Zero Upper, bolt and BCG, hammer and charging handle. Knight rear sight and Knight rail with built in front sight.
    Have not even seen it yet but from what I am told it is a very slick rifle. Not sure what I will do for optics yet will just have to see what is in the closet when I get home.

"A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Here is my Rifle Dynamics AR. The pic is from their website right after it was completed.

It has a Fail Zero Upper, bolt and BCG, hammer and charging handle. Knight rear sight and Knight rail with built in front sight.
    Have not even seen it yet but from what I am told it is a very slick rifle. Not sure what I will do for optics yet will just have to see what is in the closet when I get home.

Awesome! I have a Rifle Dynamics AK and they do amazing work, so I'm sure your rifle will be great as well.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Hey Jon, question:
    I thought I noticed this before and I can clearly see it in these recent pics.
    Why do you have the sling's attachment points on opposite sides of the carbine? I'm sure it's a good reason, but I've never seen or heard this anywhere. Your stock attachment is on the opposite side as mine. I'm right handed, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Hey Jon, question:
    I thought I noticed this before and I can clearly see it in these recent pics.
    Why do you have the sling's attachment points on opposite sides of the carbine? I'm sure it's a good reason, but I've never seen or heard this anywhere. Your stock attachment is on the opposite side as mine. I'm right handed, too.
    Hey buddy,

For the record, this is not my idea, I've seen others I know do it and have seen it in action at a number of classes as well as a lot of photos online.

There's actually two reasons I do it this way. The firs and main reason is that it allows easy shoulder transitions without choking me in any way. Even when I loosen a sling all the way when the attachments are on the same side, it still pulls across my throat and is uncomfortable, at the least. This way, there's nothing going around my throat then back to the opposite side of the stock.

The second benefit is when the sling is pulled tight for retention, it pulls the stock a lot closer to my chest and forces the muzzle away from my body. This is a huge help, especially if for some reason I'm walking and need to take both hands off of my rifle. It keeps the muzzle far enough out that it doesn't bang my knees, but also allows me to let it hang loose enough that I bring it up to a firing position without any sling adjustment at all, if needed.

Give it a try when you get a chance, even around the house and you should see the benefit right away. Not that there's anything wrong with both connections on the same side, this is just a little more comfortable.

Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Notice the SCAR H and mk18 as well...

Thanks Jon, I will give it a try.
    I've got the VCAS sling, with the stock connection threaded through like the instructions show, through the buckle as a keeper. Kind of a pain in the butt to get it just right. I wanted to ask before I tried switching, lol.
    I'll let you know.

JonC- how do you like the Tango Down pistol grip? I never noticed until I saw your close-up pic that it has a little extended piece that covers up the gap to the trigger guard? Does it smooth out the transition nicely?

I have a magpul MIAD grip with the enhanced trigger guard connected to it so there is no gap. But my for my latest build, I found out that magpul discontinued that trigger piece...So now I have the gap and it tears my middle finger up after a day at the range or at a carbine match.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    JonC- how do you like the Tango Down pistol grip? I never noticed until I saw your close-up pic that it has a little extended piece that covers up the gap to the trigger guard? Does it smooth out the transition nicely?

I have a magpul MIAD grip with the enhanced trigger guard connected to it so there is no gap. But my for my latest build, I found out that magpul discontinued that trigger piece...So now I have the gap and it tears my middle finger up after a day at the range or at a carbine match.
    I have a flat dark earth MIAD that I modded to work on my SCAR. I have the piece you're talking about and can send it to you if you have a MIAD that needs that part.

The gap in the Tango Down helps a lot. I've used them on lowers with standard trigger guards and the large gap but mostly have used them like now with the Magpul or KAC trigger guard. I might pick up the BG-16, which is the smaller of the two they offer. The one I'm using is great, but with gloves I think I prefer the standard.

I've used the MIAD since it came out and then the MOE. I like them both and they fill my hand well, but there's some things I like better about the Tango Down. It's a little thinner, which felt odd at first but I decided to kee using it because it has a steeper angle and a humb at the bottom rear. It's hard to explain, but it's a little more comfortable when holding the rifle with one hand.

One of the reasons I started using it was that the Magpul trigger guard fit a little higher into the ears near the grip which left a little material that would rub on my knuckle after a while. The Ergo Gapper I use on the KAC and standard trigger guards wouldn't fit since the Magpul fills the gap, so I decided to give the larger BattleGrip a try.

Another grip option I really like is the standard A2 (over the A1 due to the texture n the rear) then sand down the finger index hump and stipple the front.

Thanks Jon for the offer bud! I appreciate it, But you sold me on the tango down! haha... I just ordered one.

Links