*Official DC AR15 picture thread* - Page 31

*Official DC AR15 picture thread*

This is a discussion on *Official DC AR15 picture thread* within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The blanks may be from Douglas but I'm pretty sure that Compass Lake turns them down. As Jonconiglio points out. But I've known to be ...

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: *Official DC AR15 picture thread*

The blanks may be from Douglas but I'm pretty sure that Compass Lake turns them down. As Jonconiglio points out.

But I've known to be wrong before. I shoot them, I don't keep up with with who chops and clops them.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Well, one thing I know, the build will be more accurate (MOA) than my current skills will be able to achieve.

Centurion website - We now have actual MK12 barrels. These barrels come from the same machines and the same people who make the military MK12 barrels for the Special Operations community.
    Reads both ways.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post

Just got mine in yesterday. Waiting on my barrel from Centurion then the MK12 mod Sticks - AKA
    "Just another precision rifle " [Jon Consiglio] build begins.
    Nice! Timing these things is a royal PITA so be ready for that lol. Mine might be barely off (over-rotated by a degree or two) but I'm gonna live with it. I'm thinking its not a big deal, other than it messing with my OCD.

Should shoot fine unsuppressed and not matter at all once the can's on I think?
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Nice! Timing these things is a royal PITA so be ready for that lol. Mine might be barely off (over-rotated by a degree or two) but I'm gonna live with it...
    Call it precision timed for the individual shooters style.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

My current build.

Mega arms billet lower
    Mega arms adjustable trigger
    Ace ultralight ARUL stock
    Dpms parts kit
    Magpul moe grip.

Waiting on:
    Mega arms billet upper
    14.5 lightweight Middy
    DD modular rail
    Eotech or aim point.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350646311.800156.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350646339.605096.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350646359.692006.jpg

Distinguished Member
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Call it precision timed for the individual shooters style.
    I should! I let my OCD get the best of me and tried to move the brake a degree counter-clockwise....ended up breaking the bond on the rocksett.

Starting over. I'll probably run a dowel horizontally through the brake this time and confirm timing with a level.

I need help

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    I should! I let my OCD get the best of me and tried to move the brake a degree counter-clockwise....ended up breaking the bond on the rocksett.

Starting over. I'll probably run a dowel horizontally through the brake this time and confirm timing with a level.

I need help
    Don't use Rocksett just yet. Time it then get to the range. Notice the recoil and if it's to the left or right, you can then time the brake. I did this with a BattleComp and Triple Tap before, works well. Other than that though, I'm sure it'll work fine in perfect alignment too.

Edit - actually, don't use any Rocksett until you have the can. That way should you decide to move to a flash hider, you won't have to break the Rocksett and risk loosening th barrel nut.... Which happened on one of my SR15's.
    munch520 likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Don't use Rocksett just yet. Time it then get to the range. Notice the recoil and if it's to the left or right, you can then time the brake. I did this with a BattleComp and Triple Tap before, works well. Other than that though, I'm sure it'll work fine in perfect alignment too.

Edit - actually, don't use any Rocksett until you have the can. That way should you decide to move to a flash hider, you won't have to break the Rocksett and risk loosening th barrel nut.... Which happened on one of my SR15's.
    Crap Jon, great idea but I read it too late. I just ended up fixing it. Took some boiling water, cleaned off the threads, hit it with acetone, used different shim combination, 4 drops of rocksett and got it tightened down. Confirmed with level. I'm going to give it til Monday then shoot it then I think.

I'm sure it'll be just fine. I'm interested in the difference from the A2 to the Surefire brake on that rifle.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Ill be doing just the brake then brake with a5h4 buffer. Ill get video of both and we can compare it to the video of the 12" on the range in Tx with the a2

....which I'm uploading today, I swear!! And a reminder, though I'm sure you're aware, don't paint the brake. At most a very light dusting, but don't paint it like the rest of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    ....which I'm uploading today, I swear!! And a reminder, though I'm sure you're aware, don't paint the brake. At most a very light dusting, but don't paint it like the rest of the rifle.
    Definitely not, I'm leaving it alone. Can is DE and will be on 100% of the time

Timing a muzzle break? What the heck is that? We're definitely reaching new levels of AR nerd-dom here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Timing a muzzle break? What the heck is that? We're definitely reaching new levels of AR nerd-dom here.
    Lol you don't know what it is but it's nerdy? I'm kidding

Timing a brake involves torquing down a device, to spec, and in an exact spot so that the gasses exit to compensate the normal 'up and to the right' recoil of the carbine. The threads per inch, combined with where the threads start, makes it necessary to use combinations of .003-.02" shims so the brake comes to a stop at 20-30ft lbs in the correct spot.

Links