*Official DC AR15 picture thread*

This is a discussion on *Official DC AR15 picture thread* within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That BAD lever makes troubleshooting a lot nicer though. Pro's and con's to everything....

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: *Official DC AR15 picture thread*

BAC
    That BAD lever makes troubleshooting a lot nicer though. Pro's and con's to everything.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

2. Remove Ads

Mine broke during a fall and completely disabled my rifle by holding the bolt open. I will never ever again put something like that on such a crucial part. Pics and a thread about it are on m4carbine from a couple years ago.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    That is just perfect. I'd run a scout light and ditch the BAD lever, but that's just personal preference.... I would like to see a 10" NSR. The 11" is a hair long for an 11.5" barrel. The 9" will work, but a little more would be nice.
    Thanks Jon! I would definitely consider running a mini scout on maybe a thorntail mount,
    but I haven't gotten around to getting a keymod section of picatinny yet. (or a keymod scout mount perhaps?)
    I tried the APL on here and I like it, but honestly it will probably go on a glock.

Have you seen that they are coming out with a 16.7" NSR rail? haha! How much longer will rails get?

Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    Thanks Jon! I would definitely consider running a mini scout on maybe a thorntail mount,
    but I haven't gotten around to getting a keymod section of picatinny yet. (or a keymod scout mount perhaps?)
    I tried the APL on here and I like it, but honestly it will probably go on a glock.

Have you seen that they are coming out with a 16.7" NSR rail? haha! How much longer will rails get?
    I know man, 16.7" is going a bit too far... I like 12" or less, but I'd deal with a 13.7" on a 16" or 18". I wouldn't go any longer though.

As for the light, if you do go with a scout, I'd certainly go with a direct mount than adding rail sections then a mount. There's a couple that are very low pro. There's a lot of great stuff coming this year for keymod hand guards, I'm really thinking it'll be my next purchase (for a hand guard).

I really would like them to make a 10" NSR.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

<-------------
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I know man, 16.7" is going a bit too far... I like 12" or less, but I'd deal with a 13.7" on a 16" or 18". I wouldn't go any longer though.

As for the light, if you do go with a scout, I'd certainly go with a direct mount than adding rail sections then a mount. There's a couple that are very low pro. There's a lot of great stuff coming this year for keymod hand guards, I'm really thinking it'll be my next purchase (for a hand guard).

I really would like them to make a 10" NSR.
    Wonder if they were shooting for the SPR/18" market?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

VIP Member
    Not truly an AR, this is my Colt M16-A1. 11.5" barrel, full auto, the works. The sight is an Eotech red dot, the light is a SureFire. This is my indoor gun ;)

DSCF6580.JPG
    rigel42 and AR15VSCoyote like this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Not truly an AR, this is my Colt M16-A1. 11.5" barrel, full auto, the works. The sight is an Eotech red dot, the light is a SureFire. This is my indoor gun ;)

DSCF6580.JPG
    Love it!

Re: *Official DC AR15 picture thread*

Yeah, so if you lose your rear takedown detent spring in your bedroom, you're never gonna find it.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    rigel42 and Pyzik like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Here's mine - Wicked Windy - custom build M4 (semi-auto):

...and here she is along with some of the GTFOD gear:

rigel42 and AR15VSCoyote like this.
    J.W. S. 3
    1SG, U.S. Army (Retired)

Many, many, too darned many firearms and related accessories.

My first build. I've been purchasing parts and assembling this rifle for about 8 months. It's now fully operational! Is long as you're not expecting optics

Attached Images
    atctimmy and AR15VSCoyote like this.

Daughter wanted another AR with Iron sites . In the box of parts was everything I nee to assemble a Colt 6920. Except for a stripper upper receiver. A friend had one and let it go . So a pot of coffee and a little time I gathered up all the parts, found a free float forearm still in the box, A standard issue sling Rear site that works with the F front.
    The parts were all left over from past Colt AR's that got changes along the line. Only thing the light I picked up on a trip in to town it may not stay on it.
    Shoots good.
    AmandanewC.JPG
    rigel42 likes this.

That's one Purdy Sum-*****....

los
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Noveske-barreled 14.5" upper arrived today :) all other parts are in the mail. Don't have the cash now for the SU-230 so it'll get the same optic setup as the SBR (Aimpoint 2moa C3 + 3x magnifier)

Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Links