*Official DC AR15 picture thread*

This is a discussion on *Official DC AR15 picture thread* within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: *Official DC AR15 picture thread*

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

member: NRA, SAF, GOA, USCCA
    GeorgiaCarry.org

2. Remove Ads

Just a CMMG MedCon middy 1/7 upper on a Bushy lower. My 07/02 is pending and when it goes through I'm going to convert it to full auto.

07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Just a CMMG MedCon middy 1/7 upper on a Bushy lower. My 07/02 is pending and when it goes through I'm going to convert it to full auto.

All the power to you but help me understand your last statement. I'm under the impression that perhaps unless your law enforcement you can't convert it to full auto. I had plenty of time spent with the M-16 as a GI and don't want to spend the money it takes to feed one.
    Last edited by OD*; August 15th, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    All the power to you but help me understand your last statement. I'm under the impression that perhaps unless your law enforcement you can't convert it to full auto. I had plenty of time spent with the M-16 as a GI and don't want to spend the money it takes to feed one.
    He said that "My 07/02 is pending". So he applied for a license to make modifications like that.

Full auto is overrated IMO. The people at my range can't hit a dang thing with the full auto rifles.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    The people at my range can't hit a dang thing with the full auto rifles.
    Most likely it's the shooters themselves.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

BAC
    Which kinda ties into OD's sig line. Nice retro, by the way.

-B

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post

All the power to you but help me understand your last statement. I'm under the impression that perhaps unless your law enforcement you can't convert it to full auto.
    My guess is he's buying a LL or DIAS and waiting for BATFE approval. Recievers cannot be converted (that would be manufacturing a new machine gun) and registered by private citizens for their own use. I don't know what a "07/02" is though.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

07 is a type 7 FFL which allows someone to manufacture title 1 firearms, and 02 is an SOT2(Special Occupancy Tax) which will allow him to manufacture NFA/title 2 firearms.

To get the 02 you have to have a type 7, or 10, FFL.

With an 07/02 he can legally manufacture/convert his AR-15 to fire full auto.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    07 is a type 7 FFL which allows someone to manufacture title 1 firearms, and 02 is an SOT2(Special Occupancy Tax) which will allow him to manufacture NFA/title 2 firearms.

To get the 02 you have to have a type 7, or 10, FFL.

With an 07/02 he can legally manufacture/convert his AR-15 to fire full auto.
    cool.

Every time I think I've got a handle on this NFA stuff, I learn something new.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Thanks for the education. I didn't realize that it could be done. I'm at the stage in life that the only autoo I think I could afford to feed would be an American 180. Looks like a cross between a Thompson and a Vickers with a 175 round drum over the barrel. It only fired .22 LR and kind of sounded like a Chain Saw. I had a friend in Thomasville NC with one.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Yes, Josh is correct. In the gun world people are listed as FFL type/SOT type, so a NFA dealer is a 01/03 since he has a Type 01 FFL and a Class III SOT status. Here's a link to the different FFL types and what they can do:

FFL Types

I formed a LLC for my business and have my Type 07 FFL (normal dealers are Type 01) for manufacturer of firearms pending. Once I have that in hand, I pay a $1000 Special Occupational Tax Class II (SOT 2) and this allows me to manufacture NFA weapons including machine guns, sound suppressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns (but not in MI), and "any other weapons" (but not in MI).

In doing so, I can make any NFA weapon I want, except destructive devices, that's a separate FFL and SOT tax. I will be making M16 weapons in both full auto and burst fire and I will be making my own line of sound suppressors. In MI, I can't make short barreled weapons or AOWs. I can make machine guns with less that 16" barrels legally in MI because the fact that it is a machine gun "overrides" the fact that the barrel length is less than 16". I can put any barrel length on a machine gun, because the receiver is registered or the sear is registered.

I have to keep a bound book and file a Form 2 every time I manufacture an NFA weapon, within 24hrs. I will be a manufacturer, so there isn't the $200 tax every time I make a NFA weapon, just the yearly SOT tax of $1000 ($500 if my sales the prior year were less than $500K). If I get extra bored, I can make an M16, mail out the Form 2 to the ATF, and go shoot it.

I'm dropping the bullet casting operations soon and will be concentrating on firearm and ammunition manufacturing. I will be making Title I and Title II firearms and will be handling NFA weapon transfers in the Keweenaw Peninsula of the UP. I will also be doing Title I transfers in the area and as I build inventory will be able to ship firearms to your dealer. As soon as I get my 07 FFL, I will be offering my own line of AR15 stripped lower receivers (Title I semi auto).

For my demo machine guns, the selector switch position labels aren't going to be the boring SAFE-SEMI-FULL AUTO. I'm making it "BORING-FUN-WOOHOO!!"
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

los
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    What an evil looking black gun... SWEET
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

my modest setup
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Kimber Eclipse Pro II
    Springfield XD-9 Service (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    There are a ot of nice AR's here, maybe I'll get around to posting a pic of mine.

I do have a question though, Why all the forward grips on the semi auto guns?

Oddly, the best part of the forward grip I have is that it is also a bipod (CAA GripPod). Very cool.

Otherwise, I'm happy with a cover on the p-rail.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Links