#1 ·
I'll start,

This was my last AR,

RRA entry tactical

This is my current one,

LWRC M6A2

See less See more
#206 ·
I've been running AFG's now and found they really work for me, but decided since Gear Sector's mounts are so great, I'd give his vert grip a try and dedicate the next month to it to see how it takes.

Gear Sector vert grip with Gear Sector hand stop and Tango Down section.

Vert gril with XTM stippled panel.

Probably the way I'll run it, just the grip and rail covers.

My usual set up - all of my guns are currently set up similar to this

Reactions: Drgnfly
#209 · (Edited)
A couple of mine

ETA - per request:

Both are builds............

on the left - Eagle arms lower/FN? M4 upper, RRA lower parts kit w/Bill Springfield trigger job, Colt FA bolt carrier assembly, Bushmaster 16" 1/9 chromed lined barrel, Matech BUIS, PRI folding front/gas block, Daniel Defense rail, RRA mount w/Leupold Mark AR scope using a #4 German reticle, surefire G2 light, ergo grip, Milspec buffer tube w/standard buffer & VTLOR single point sling plate, Magpul CTR stock.

On the right - RRA lower & Stag Arms Upper, Stag Lower Parts Kit, Colt FA bolt carrier assembly, CMMG 11.5" chrome lined government profile barrel, ARMS 40 BUIS, Magpul MOE hand grips & stock, Aimpoint ML2 in an A.R.M.S. 22m68 cantilever mount, old style Magpul (ergo) grip, Colt buffer tube w/H2 buffer & VTLOR single point sling plate.

#213 ·
very nice....by the looks of all these weapons (including mine) it would be nice to have stock in MagPul

Reactions: gen3
#216 ·
Trust8383

Hmm, where have I seen that great collection before?! Love the EMC, but can't convince myself I need. Need to sell the -H and the LWRC REPR.

How are you liking the BC on the shorter barrels. I'm running two on the SCARs and KAC triple taps on my AR's. I should have some BattleComp AAC 51t's in a month or so when they go to production, now we just need some Surefire compatible BC's.

#217 ·
Trust8383

Hmm, where have I seen that great collection before?! Love the EMC, but can't convince myself I need. Need to sell the -H and the LWRC REPR.

How are you liking the BC on the shorter barrels. I'm running two on the SCARs and KAC triple taps on my AR's. I should have some BattleComp AAC 51t's in a month or so when they go to production, now we just need some Surefire compatible BC's.
This forum needs to update its Common Acronyms (found under quick links), so I can translate what Jon just said, lol.

#218 ·
Ha! Sorry about that.... It's special encrypted code only us secret ninjas in the know can translate!

EMC - Knight's Armament SR25 Enhanced Match Carbine (7.62)

-H - SCAR 17 Heavy (7.62)

LWRC REPR - LWRCi's 7.62 Rapid Engagement Precision Rifle

BC - BattleComp, it's a muzzle break that isn't obnoxious like other ones and tames the muzzle flip quite well. Very similar to the Knight's Armament Triple Tap. At 25 yards with the Triple Tap, my dot never leaves the a zone of a typical paper target. (break or brake, I'm drawing a blank!?)

SCAR 16 and 17 - FN's Special Operations Forces Combat Aassault Rfile 5.56 and 7.62 guns. Very nice modular system IF FN would ever freakin' release the different barrels or even spare parts! The 16 was fielded by SOCOM but canceled since it's not that much netter than the M4 and not worth the cost of replacement.. They have adopted the 17, which is a 7.62. This is not first hand experience, just what I've read.

KAC - Knight's Armament Company. Their hand guards can be seen on hundreds of thousands of the govt M4's. Their M110 is the precision rifle in 7.62 fielded by the military. I believe their SR25 is also seeing use. The SR15 and SR25 are available to the public and the SR15 is arguably ONE OF the best AR's available. It has an ambi lower receiver. You can see them in my pics as well as TRUST8383's. He also has the SR25 and a gun similar to the SR16 11.5" CQB.

AAC 51t - Advanced Armament Co makes suppressors. The M42000 is a nice model and I have the Mini4 purchased but waiting on paperwork. It only adds 2.8" to the length of the gun. AAC is a decent company though there's a lot of competition like Surefire who makes some of the best. KAC has a great system coming soon. Their NT4, as seen above, is one of the most durable though not AS effective as other option, but I prefer the lower note compared to some that are more "effective" on paper. The reason I am trying the new BattleComp AAC mount is because I don't want an obnoxious Surefire brake and BattleComp is not yet making one for Surefire. also, I don't want to replace my $430 Triple Tap brakes with KAC's new brake of a similar price, I'm sure, coming later this year just to run their new can - since the NT4 suppressors they make now won't be compatible. So, I may change my set up to BattleComps, which I have now in my SCAR 16 and 17, because of this. The Triple Tap is slightly more effective, though not really $300 more effective considering it's considered disposable as it acts as an initial barrel in the NT4 cans (suppressors) to allow longer suppressor life.

Make sense? I think I confused myself a little!

My KAC SR15's with KAC Triple Tap brakes

My SCAR 16 and 17 with BattleComp brakes (BattleComp 2.0 on the 16 and BattleComp BABC on the 17) crummy cell pic from the range. I replaced the PWS brakes they come with because they are too concussive. I'll only run brakes if they aren't much more obnoxious than the flash hider. Also, I don't like running cans on longer guns, though I won't mind on a 14.5" when I get the mini4 that only adds 2.8". I do run them on my 11.5" and 10.5" guns though.

#228 ·
my ar 15's

The Dpms is the one with the magpull moe tan furniture, the other is a RRA Elite Comp that have personally drilled a dime size target 10 rounds straight off the bipod. It has a nikon BDC 3-9 mounted on it. Both are set up with badger ordinance tac latches and if you haven't installed one yet you need to, I can charge either rifle by simply swiping my off hand down the left side of the receiver. The YHM Folding front sight gas block was an addition to the dpms but came stock on the Rock, a very nice gas block setup. I love my rifles!:image035:

Attachments

#229 ·
before and after new paint I finished today, also added Troy 13'' rail, and T1 in Larue QD

before

after (more suited for the area im in)

still shoots like a dream

#232 ·
I posted this on another forum so I figure I'd post here as well -

I'm moving away from AFG's and Magpul MS2's (for some of the time and will move away completely when I convert one of my VCAS slings to a convertible with new hardware). Have a LaRue FUG on the way and am looking to trade KAC and Gear Sector handstops for another one or two. For now, I'm running the Gear Sector vert grip and a couple Tango Down stubbies until I decide what I want to go with. I don't like the Tango Downs as much as I did a few years ago.

Sorry for the crummy cell phone pics. Believe it or not I'm actually an accomplished photographer (in my former life) and have 2 Nikon D3's and a number of Nikkor lenses. Just too lazy to get them out!

#234 ·
On the way to the range... and the increasingly popular "AR riding shotgun" shot.

Reactions: DefConGun
#235 ·
^^^^ that's one of the best looking AR's in existence. It's like a racecar. It's functionality makes it look so good.

Here's more of mine. I moved the front grip outward for better control. Also took advantage of the space in front of the front sight. Even with the light there, I still have use of the holosight, even the iron sights. Only had my AR for about a year, so I'm still configuring it to my likings. Though, it's pretty close to exactly how I want it. I'd like to get an ACE M4 SOCOM stock, but that's later...

#237 ·
This upper came today… LMT MK18 (Daniel Defense FDE MK18 RIS II, LMT 10.5")

The Triple Tap is my last one and is being sold. I'll go to a flash hider or a Blackout 51t for my Mini4 that i'm waiting on, then I'm not sure about the light. I think I'll be going to a regular pressure switch between rails. I'll probably go to a KAC or Troy rear sight as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.