#1 ·
I'll start,

This was my last AR,

RRA entry tactical

This is my current one,

LWRC M6A2

See less See more
#57 · (Edited)
My DPMS 16" A2. My only regret is jumping on this one instead of the flat-top that was $150 more. Still a great gun, and it'll be part of my collection for a long time.

I've also got 2 DTI built lowers hanging around, one awaiting a Bohica .50 upper (when cashflow allows), and the other for either a 16" flat-top or an LWRC upper (again with the cashflow).

Attachments

#59 ·
not finished yet obviously, but my first AR build on my first ARs.

Consecutive SN Stag lowers
DPMS lower parts kits.
all black one has a tapco 6-pos. stock
OD green one has has stock and grip from Magpul (CTR stock and MIAD full grip kit)

#62 ·
I do have a question though, Why all the forward grips on the semi auto guns?
Control, mostly, especially for those who participate in run-and-gun type of competitions. Never having used an automatic rifle, I can only base my experience off of semi-automatic ones.

-B

#63 ·
Yep, I like it for control. I don't hold it like a beer can, I keep my pinkie and ring fingers on it with my middle and index wrapped around the forearm, thumb points forward if you can picture that. I think some people just like them because they are a doodad and out of movies, but I like to be able to apply rearward pressure into my shoulder with my off hand without worrying about it slipping.

Austin

#70 ·
^^^
That M&P was my first choice, but I ended up going with the Rock River Arms civilian version of the DEA Carbine.

I can take pictures when I get home.

#72 ·
Here's a couple:

1) DPMS lower, Aimpoint, Surefire G2, GG&G BUIS, CAR-15 stock, ambi-safety & Redi-Mag. (This is my wife's gun.)
2) Same as above but in 'varmint' dress.
3) DPMS lower, GG&G BUIS, left-hand charging handle (notice ring), Aimpoint CompM (NV compatible), Surefire light, Vltor EMOD stock, Ergo grip, DPMS ambi-safety, UTG quad rail, Hensoldt 2.6x magnifier, Redi-Mag, DPMS 1:9 lightweight barrel, TTi muzzle brake & Voodoo Tactical case.

Attachments

#73 ·
Here's my current AR lineup:

DPMS SBR upper w/ RRA lower:

The top one is RRA w/ an AimPoint (I need a better picture of this one - I've had it longer than the others). Below it is the DPMS AP4 .308, before I accessorized.

Here's the AP4 with the Harris bipod and the Nikon 4 x 12.

#76 · (Edited by Moderator)

OK guys here is my Carbon 15 type 21 Bushmaster. This little gal weights about 5.5 lbs. and is a real lightweight rifle. I recently bought a Stag lower (stripped and LPK and built it up. Topped it off with the Stag M4 type upper I got last year.

#77 ·
My newest Family Member

She was born just three weeks ago. We started her on 55 gr. solids last weekend and she seems to really like them.

She's a basic M4gery with M4 feed ramp cuts. 1/9 twist E.R. Shaw barrel.

The rear flip is ala YHM.

Haven't decided on what red-dot to install.

Attachments

#86 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just a CMMG MedCon middy 1/7 upper on a Bushy lower. My 07/02 is pending and when it goes through I'm going to convert it to full auto.

All the power to you but help me understand your last statement. :confused: I'm under the impression that perhaps unless your law enforcement you can't convert it to full auto. I had plenty of time spent with the M-16 as a GI and don't want to spend the money it takes to feed one.

#87 ·
He said that "My 07/02 is pending". So he applied for a license to make modifications like that.

Full auto is overrated IMO. The people at my range can't hit a dang thing with the full auto rifles.

#89 ·
Which kinda ties into OD's sig line. Nice retro, by the way.

-B

Reactions: OD*
#90 ·
Just a CMMG MedCon middy 1/7 upper on a Bushy lower. My 07/02 is pending and when it goes through I'm going to convert it to full auto.

All the power to you but help me understand your last statement. :confused: I'm under the impression that perhaps unless your law enforcement you can't convert it to full auto.
My guess is he's buying a LL or DIAS and waiting for BATFE approval. Recievers cannot be converted (that would be manufacturing a new machine gun) and registered by private citizens for their own use. I don't know what a "07/02" is though.

#91 ·
07 is a type 7 FFL which allows someone to manufacture title 1 firearms, and 02 is an SOT2(Special Occupancy Tax) which will allow him to manufacture NFA/title 2 firearms.

To get the 02 you have to have a type 7, or 10, FFL.

With an 07/02 he can legally manufacture/convert his AR-15 to fire full auto.

#92 ·
cool. :smile:

Every time I think I've got a handle on this NFA stuff, I learn something new.

#93 ·
Thanks for the education. I didn't realize that it could be done. I'm at the stage in life that the only autoo I think I could afford to feed would be an American 180. Looks like a cross between a Thompson and a Vickers with a 175 round drum over the barrel. It only fired .22 LR and kind of sounded like a Chain Saw. I had a friend in Thomasville NC with one.

#94 ·
Yes, Josh is correct. In the gun world people are listed as FFL type/SOT type, so a NFA dealer is a 01/03 since he has a Type 01 FFL and a Class III SOT status. Here's a link to the different FFL types and what they can do:

FFL Types

I formed a LLC for my business and have my Type 07 FFL (normal dealers are Type 01) for manufacturer of firearms pending. Once I have that in hand, I pay a $1000 Special Occupational Tax Class II (SOT 2) and this allows me to manufacture NFA weapons including machine guns, sound suppressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns (but not in MI), and "any other weapons" (but not in MI).

In doing so, I can make any NFA weapon I want, except destructive devices, that's a separate FFL and SOT tax. I will be making M16 weapons in both full auto and burst fire and I will be making my own line of sound suppressors. In MI, I can't make short barreled weapons or AOWs. I can make machine guns with less that 16" barrels legally in MI because the fact that it is a machine gun "overrides" the fact that the barrel length is less than 16". I can put any barrel length on a machine gun, because the receiver is registered or the sear is registered.

I have to keep a bound book and file a Form 2 every time I manufacture an NFA weapon, within 24hrs. I will be a manufacturer, so there isn't the $200 tax every time I make a NFA weapon, just the yearly SOT tax of $1000 ($500 if my sales the prior year were less than $500K). If I get extra bored, I can make an M16, mail out the Form 2 to the ATF, and go shoot it.

I'm dropping the bullet casting operations soon and will be concentrating on firearm and ammunition manufacturing. I will be making Title I and Title II firearms and will be handling NFA weapon transfers in the Keweenaw Peninsula of the UP. I will also be doing Title I transfers in the area and as I build inventory will be able to ship firearms to your dealer. As soon as I get my 07 FFL, I will be offering my own line of AR15 stripped lower receivers (Title I semi auto).

For my demo machine guns, the selector switch position labels aren't going to be the boring SAFE-SEMI-FULL AUTO. I'm making it "BORING-FUN-WOOHOO!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.