Charles Daly Gets In The EBR Market and more

Charles Daly Gets In The EBR Market and more

This is a discussion on Charles Daly Gets In The EBR Market and more within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My morning scour of the net turned up a couple of new things. First Charles Daly is getting in the EBR Market. At first sight, ...

Lightbulb Charles Daly Gets In The EBR Market and more

My morning scour of the net turned up a couple of new things.

First Charles Daly is getting in the EBR Market. At first sight, no pun intended, their prices look a bit high for what I am guessing is an economy class rifle. Someone will end up with one and I look forward to some reviews in the coming months.

Second, KEL-TEC has a new model on the way out and it is supposed to be out in the 308 caliber (ironic considering the recent discussion of battle rifles in the same caliber.) The models were apparently on exhibit at the SHOT show but I hadn't heard about it until now.

Anyways, thought you might want to see.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Sorry BEF but both of these are old news.
    The KelTec was debuted at SHOT in 2007 and the Daly AR was new news ~60 days ago.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    The KelTec was debuted at SHOT in 2007
    - Janq
    And yet Kel-Tec still has no information about it on their website, best I can tell. I wonder if the project got dumped.

Thanks for the heads up on the old news though. I guess sometimes you just miss things the first time around.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

JD
    Administrator
    Regarding the KelTec .308, I don't know if I'd want that muzzle that close to my ears, the SOCOM II that I had was loud enough as it was...

That's weird.

When it first hot SHOT there was a bunch of info on it including the pics as shown at your link via their site. They also as I recall had a PDF and mini vid explaining how the gun functioned, was designed, and broke down.
    I've not looked at that site or thought about this item since that time.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Expect the Daly to be better than their past ventures. They have included many qualified opinions in the new line. It seems the "big man" over there has jumped into the action and is taking care of some of their CS issues. I wouldn't pay much attention to retail prices and from the rumors I expect you will got allot of "bang" for your buck in the new line.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Links