Firestar 12 Gauge

Firestar 12 Gauge

This is a discussion on Firestar 12 Gauge within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought this at Academy it seeme to be what i was looking for this weapon has a spring in the forearm that closes the ...

Thread: Firestar 12 Gauge

Firestar 12 Gauge

I bought this at Academy it seeme to be what i was looking for this weapon has a spring in the forearm that closes the bolt when you rack the slide,salesman said it was semi auto so i thought hmm new way to chamber a round without taking your hand off forearm,nope gun is a pump and the spring not only makes racking the slide really stiff but theres no way to hold the bolt open a big safety concern for me.So i took the forearm off and removed the stupid spring and gun now racks like a pump is suppose to,it locks up tight and the bolt stays open until you physically close it.I shot 00 buck and slugs at 25 yds and 10 yds and it patterned both well enough that all slugs and 00 were centered in B27 target and none of the buckshot was even close to missing the silhouette,at ome defense ranges it will be good.This gun came with both a standard butt stock and the top folder with sidesaddle in pic

If you are happy with your purchase, great . I would still call and talk to the manager to tell him his employees need to be better informed on what they are selling. If they are going to be selling guns to people, they need to at least no the the difference between a pump and a semi.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    If you are happy with your purchase, great . I would still call and talk to the manager to tell him his employees need to be better informed on what they are selling. If they are going to be selling guns to people, they need to at least no the the difference between a pump and a semi.
    I actually called them from the gun range and after some back and forh was told they woud have to talk to the district manager as this was a unique case,I expect to either get a partial refund due to the fact i could of got a comparable shotgun on auction arms for about 60.00 less I don't think they are setup to do firearm intakes due to they do not sale used guns.I'm currently trying to get a store credit for 50.00 due to i could of bought a comparable pump action in that price range.The gun itself will do what it's intended purchase was for and that is home defense or iin case i gotta evacuate it'a a folder an can be deployed inside a vehicle to protect my gun collection LOL

I hope the store credit works out for you. That is the least they could do.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Links