I may be selling a gun: what do you think I could get?

This is a discussion on I may be selling a gun: what do you think I could get? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My first hd gun was a Remington 870 Youth 20 GA bought for $275 in 2006. When I turned 21, that was replaced by a ...

Thread: I may be selling a gun: what do you think I could get?

I may be selling a gun: what do you think I could get?

My first hd gun was a Remington 870 Youth 20 GA bought for $275 in 2006. When I turned 21, that was replaced by a Model 10 .38 snubnose. Part of the reason was that i just like revolvers. Secondly, the recoil of gun cause of the short stock just beat me up. I wasn't real confident in it as a dedicated hd gun cause of that.

Its like new, with less than a hundred shells through it. Does anybody have an educated guess as to how much I could sell it for?

Thanks.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Can't tell you anything about the value, but unless you just want to get rid of the gun, have you thought about just putting a Replacement Stock on it?

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Administrator
    My common question; Express or Wingmaster?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Can't tell you anything about the value, but unless you just want to get rid of the gun, have you thought about just putting a Replacement Stock on it?

Hoss
    Indeed...check out that possibility first!

VIP Member
    Jeff,

Got a pic? Also where in Va are you? I'm interested in buying it!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I've sold many guns over the years ... I'm a hard headed SOB because I haven't learned the lesson that 9 times out of 10 I'm going to regret it (sometimes a LOT).

Keep the Model 10 ... put some better stocks on it. If you sell it I guarantee you you'll regret it. Some day that will be the gun you pass down.

A set of Pachmayr grips tamed the recoil of my Model 29, they'll surely work for the borderline non-existent recoil of the .38.

EDIT
    Ok, I'm going blind ... I misread the OP and thought he was planning on selling the wheel gun.

Oh well, the advice remains the same. You're not going to get enough out of the little Remmy to replace it with an adult 12ga, so keep it, put a nicer stock on it (or just a thick recoil pad on the stock you have).

Senior Moderator
    My first hd gun was a Remington 870 Youth 20 GA bought for $275 in 2006.
    For that price, I'm guessing that it is an Express and not the finely finished Wingmaster.

Does anybody have an educated guess as to how much I could sell it for?
    I have an educated guess for this area...yours may be different. Since its a 20 guage, there wont be a high demand for it. Since its an Express, they dont exactly have a high resale value. Using the common prices found around here, it would fetch anywhere from $175-225.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links