good illuminated scopes - Page 2

good illuminated scopes

This is a discussion on good illuminated scopes within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Because the EOTech has NO night vision component. It is a holographic weapon sight, not a night vision device....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good illuminated scopes

VIP Member
    Because the EOTech has NO night vision component. It is a holographic weapon sight, not a night vision device.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

At 25 - 30 yards, why would you want a scope? The 10/22 is usually a very accurate 22, especially at that short of a distance. At 25 yards, I could hit a squirrel with my 45 using the standard sights.

If you're talking about illuminating the target, some places have laws against shooting animals after sunset or after a certain hour.

dv
    "A right unexercised is a right lost."

www.myspace.com/dvickery

Quote Originally Posted by dvickery View Post
    At 25 yards, I could hit a squirrel with my 45 using the standard sights. dv
    That makes you a very capable shot...but doesn't leave much meat left on the squirrell!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Lead Moderator
    A cheap scope and cheap light would work fine for the distances you are considering.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

thanks all ,,,think im gona stick with the cheap scope ,route

Okay...now I'm really confused! How did we make the jump from a top-quality piece like an EOTech...to a cheap scope?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Guys, I just got a Millett DMS-1 Tactical Scope. It is wonderful and cost me less than $225.00 at SWFA Optics!!! In the center of the scope is a tiny red dot setting in the middle of a red donut. You put the donut around the place you want the bullet to go and bingo it's there. The really nice thing about the Millett is that it is 1 to 4 power!! Yep. A red donut ring with the ability to go from 1 power right on up to 4 power. Nice....
    Imagine that you're an enemy soldier and you are surrounded by U.S. Army paratroopers on one side and American marines on the other side... Talk about a hopeless situation... That has got to be legal grounds for suicide!

VIP Member
    That sounds like a "poor man's" version of the Leupold CQ/T. Have you had a chance to put it through its paces yet?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links