Saiga 7.62 Conversion--WHOOAHHH!!!

This is a discussion on Saiga 7.62 Conversion--WHOOAHHH!!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is my first Kalashnikov, a Saiga in 7.62x39. Conversion was done by Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics ( RIFLE DYNAMICS - Tools and Training ...

Thread: Saiga 7.62 Conversion--WHOOAHHH!!!

Saiga 7.62 Conversion--WHOOAHHH!!!

This is my first Kalashnikov, a Saiga in 7.62x39. Conversion was done by Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics (RIFLE DYNAMICS - Tools and Training for the Professional Warrior). MY CHOICE on the buttstock--it's an old Romy that I plan on doing some experimental refinishing on. May be a while yet--gotta finish this semester before I get into any pet projects, and I need to learn a little something about how to do what I want to do (bleach as much color out of the wood as possible without losing too much grain, refinish with a gray/black stain...any tips?). I've had it out to the range a couple times now. It fed like butter and it was a BLAST to shoot! I'd previously shot a Chinese SKS with a folding stock, but this is the first proper Kalashnikov I've ever pulled the trigger on (and that G2 trigger is SWEET). Yeah, I know it's not a proper Kalashnikov sling, but it's what I've got for right now.

Installed stuff:
    Flash hider
    Saw grip
    Dinzag bullet guide
    G2 FCG
    Romy buttstock
    US made gas piston (for 922r compliance)

Big kudos to Jim Fuller and Rifle Dynamics. He was incredibly flexible in working within my limited budget to give me an absolute top notch Kalashnikov rifle for my money.

2. Remove Ads

BAC
    Beautiful stock. I've been toying with getting an AK style rifle for a while now, and a Saiga just to do it cheap. Run a carbine course and let us know how she shoots!

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    If Jim fuller did it, you know it was done right. Very nice looking rifle.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Mo
    Dang man, probably the easiest money Fuller has made in a while. Looks solid though. Can I ask how much he charged for everything?

Per his request I can't give out pricing info, as it may have changed since I enlisted his services (he was trying to standardize a price list when I ordered up the conversion). It may be easy money for him, but he's got the tools and know-how that I don't. He didn't gouge me at all on parts cost (did my homework), but I did pay the man for his labor, which, given his level of skill & knowledge, was more than fair. Besides, it would have taken me much longer than it took him, so in terms of time spent vs. money spent, well worth it. If you can do your own conversion, then by all means go ahead. But as his customer, when I have an issue or question about my gun, I get to call him.

BAC
    Good lord, I just saw this on their site:

Just as I'd convinced myself, "No, gotta finish building the AR first," I see the exact build I had next in line. Great, now the ATF is sure to get paperwork from me. Thanks a lot, Fuller (and sjp for linking his site here)!

-B

Links