Stag AR experience?

This is a discussion on Stag AR experience? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone had any experience with the STAG left handed AR's or Stag in general? I just picked up 2 (one custom HB carbine, one ...

Thread: Stag AR experience?

Stag AR experience?

Has anyone had any experience with the STAG left handed AR's or Stag in general? I just picked up 2 (one custom HB carbine, one Std tactical carbine) over the last 2 months and would like any info, advice or comments. Thanks in-advance.

2. Remove Ads

You bought two before you had any information?! FWIW, perhaps you might've waited to collect a bit more data! Not to criticize, but it bears mentioning. In general, Stag Arms makes great stuff. You can see a great review by Clint Smith on the latest AR offerings in February's GUNS mag. Everything out there for AR's will fit, so tricking it out won't be a problem. I had one in 5.56 that performed flawlessly for a long time before it was sold, and now it is in the hands of a friend mired in sand who relies on it daily.

Stag is staggeringly good. Haw.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

The prices were too good to pass on. I could have gotten my money back even if they were junk. "Fire Sale" before a court ruling on asset split.

That is an especially good reason to grab 'em up. Well done in any case!

PICTURES, please!!!!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Stag's are good guns. I would keep them. Lots of good technical AR type info over at m4carbine.net - lots of good general type information over on ar15.com FWIW

Austin

I don't know anything about the long term quality, but one of my co-workers bought a left hand 16" last fall and it was very nice to shoot and seemed very accurate. All I have heard about them is good things.
    "What the hell is the world coming to?" - Sheriff Buford T. Justice

Lead Moderator
    I own a LH M4 type upper. works well and sure is nice not getting brass bouncing off the sling and down my shirt.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I've had one Stag 5.56 lefty, a model 15 3L carbine with the various ambidextrous options. Turns out that the AR really isn't my thing. Something about the ergonomics/feel doesn't quite work for me. So, I'm nobody's expert on the AR. But, I loved the reliability. Easy to work on, easy to use. Being a lefty unit, it surprized everyone at the range, what with getting pelted in the forehead by 5.56 ammo. That, alone, was worth much of the price of admission. The 16" bbl made for a very handy overall length. Accurate out to 200yds or so, though beyond that I am a poor aim (eyes).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I need a lefty i had about 6 rounds of hot .223 brass went down my shirt before i could quit shooting my buddys m-16,i got some pretty decent scabs from it,and a lesson
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Were you shooting from the hip? I've never had a problem using the right handed guns. I guess they have all had brass deflectors though.

Austin

I had both guns out this weekend between rain storms. The 16" HB has a 1x5 Colt scope with a luminated dot. It shoot 1 to 1 1/4" at 100yd at 5x with remington and wwb 55gr fmj. The tactical 16" has an EO-Tech unit with no magnification. It shoot great up to 50 yards but after that my old eyes had troble seeing the target dot at 100yd. Got 3 -4 inches but I was very pleased with both guns. They appear to be keepers.
    The trigger pulls on both are about 3 lbs after take up. Is this normal or have these been worked on?
    Someone mentioned another forum for Stags / AR's - to you have a name / address?

Member Array Detachment_Charlie's Avatar

Talking

Stag builds a quality rifle and it usually is available at a price that makes it a true value. I've got one and it eats anything and is more accurate than I am.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

A friend of mine bought one recently and had a minor issue his sights. He called CS and informed them. After trying to fix the problem over the phone, they sent him a shipping label and an RA# so that he could send it back and have it fixed. Now the thing shoots straight as nails. I think they even sent him a couple of extras just to make up for the problems.

Once in a while a lemon makes it out of the factory. It takes a top notch company to stand behind their product enough to realize that and be willing to make things right.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Links