Defensive Carry banner

Any AR15 people know which model this is?

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  LMarshall73 
#1 ·
Academy stores have started selling a Bushmaster AR15. I just caught a glimpse of it in passing. The price is $799, and that could be a really sweet deal depending on exactly what it is. Heck a used no name AR15 goes for $700-$750... new Bushmaster for $800, sign me up...

Anyone know what it is? Wish I could give particulars but my AR15 parlance is substandard and I just saw it in passing. Think it as a 16" barrel with an A2 rear sight, but not sure other than that. I want to say it was an M4 type of setup, but not a true M4gery, but I'm not sure about that at all.

#4 ·
My Bushy was a little over $800 new. It's one with a 14.5" barrel and a permanently attached "IZZY" flash suppressor/compensator (Barrels have to be 16" so they pin/weld a suppressor to bring the 14.5 carbine up to the 16"). It also has the removable carry handle (some models are not removable) and has the 6 position folding stock, a bayonet lug and a 'convoluted' barrel to attach the grenade launcher, 30rd mag and a foam lined case. I'm highly satisfied with it. I added a 512 Eotech holo sight, a single point sling with attachment, a tac light, and a laser . The prices listed on Bushmaster site are retail price and are approx $300-400 higher than you need pay.

#5 ·
OD said:
I would imagine it's one of the Carbon Fiber's.
They DO sell a carbon fiber and there was one right next to it, but this wasn't a Carbon Fiber I don't think.

Kentucky said:
The prices listed on Bushmaster site are retail price and are approx $300-400 higher than you need pay.
Really? I've found them to be pretty consistent on their MSRP across retailers. It's what keeps me out of any AR15 besides a build project I'm not sure I should take on.

#6 ·
AR builds are easy. Just get a decent kit to start. Check out AR15.com for LOTS of info on builds. Also will give ya more info on types of AR's. The beauty of AR's is they are so easy to interchange many parts and accesories. I can go from a full gizmoed light, laser, red dot, ect, ect. to a iron sight only in less than a minute. Or any combo in between.

#7 ·
Actually , I meant to say (I have the Bushmaster catalog) that their retail prices listed in there were high. The gun I bought lists in their catalog for $1200 something and I paid at a dealer here in Ky a little over $800. Re the carbon 15, I had just bought the standard model and the Carbon 15 came out just a few weeks later !!!

#8 ·
rocky said:
AR builds are easy. Just get a decent kit to start. Check out AR15.com for LOTS of info on builds.
That's exactly why I'm frightened to try it. I can take a lesser rifle and bolt it together no problem as long as the tiny little parts are already done for me. RE: the SKS, the 10/22, Mosin Nagant, etc.

But I even have a book on the AR15 and all the information out there makes it sound so complicated. No one seems to say the same thing. It also seems by the time you pay for all the tools and pay for the gunsmith to check your work over, you may have just as well bought it already bolted together.

#10 ·
Euclidean said:
That's exactly why I'm frightened to try it. I can take a lesser rifle and bolt it together no problem as long as the tiny little parts are already done for me. RE: the SKS, the 10/22, Mosin Nagant, etc.

But I even have a book on the AR15 and all the information out there makes it sound so complicated. No one seems to say the same thing. It also seems by the time you pay for all the tools and pay for the gunsmith to check your work over, you may have just as well bought it already bolted together.
As a gun store to open up the upper/lower once for ya. Not many parts or springs to install and it is easy. Yuo can buy uppers with the barrel attached. Step by step instructions are on AR15.com and lots of folks who are willing to help ya if ya get stuck.

#14 ·
If that is what you think an AR should go for talk to me. Any idiot wiht a bit of common sense can put one together for $600.

#17 ·
I'm fully aware I could have built an M4 from lowers, uppers, etc.etc, as I have done so in the past . but the day I bought my latest, ie the Bushy, I wanted one that day, I was in a dealer's shop who had just received this one from Bushmaster, naturally already built with a 30rd mag included, a fairly nice foam lined lockable case, nylon sling, the dealer threw in 6 boxes of Fed. M193 and a 20 rd mag, and the rifle has a one year warranty from Bushmaster all for a hair over 800. I'm satisfied with not having to 'build' one what with the 'extras' !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.