First AR-15 Build! MEGA "Gator" lower
This is a discussion on First AR-15 Build! MEGA "Gator" lower within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Made my decision today and went and picked up my first AR lower. I chose the MEGA "Gator" lower after comparing it side by side ...
April 11th, 2008 07:12 PM
April 11th, 2008 07:34 PM
Excellent choice... despite being right in their backyard, I was unable to find their lowers locally so I ended up with DPMS. I think you made an excellent choice, they are very well made and several of my friends swear by them.
April 12th, 2008 03:28 AM
I love the Maga gators. I picked up some blank (no insignia) ones locally with consecutive serial numbers. I really like the clean look of the blanks, and the machining is top notch, the finish matches RRA black perfectly too. It's a very dark black.
May 16th, 2008 01:07 AM
AR-15 is almost completed! Should have it ready to fire this weekend.
This has been extremely simple! I recommend ANYONE to build their rifle from basic parts and dont be scared! With the information that can be downloaded and printed its like having a step by step manual on exactly how to assemble and check everything. I did just that. I downloaded every page of teh assembly guide from AR15.com and just did it!
All that is left is my free float handguard which should arrive tomorrow and I am in business.
Here is the parts list and prices:
Price List (includes tax and shipping where applicable)
- MEGA "Gator" lower reciever (stripped) $135
- MEGA A3 Flattop upper reciever (stripped) $120
- DPMS lower parts kit $60
- BCM M-15 chrome lined bolt carrier assembly complete $140
- Standard aluminum charging handle $16.00
- DPMS ejection port door assembly $10.00
- DPMS forward assist assembly $15.00
- CMMG 16" midlength barrel chrome lined/1:7 twist $265
- BCM Milspec 6 position buttstock assembly (complete with buffer spring/tube) $80.00
- UTG removeable rear iron sight (dual aperture fully adjustable) $30.00
- Yankee Hill Machine lightweight 4 rail free float handguard (mid-length size) $115
- Magpul XT rail covers $38.00
- Yankee Hill Machine flip front sight/gas block combo $97.00
- Hogue rubber grip $26.00
- Vickers 2 point combat sling $56.00
- Standard GI flash hider $7.00
- USGI Bravo Company 30 round magazine $15.00
- KNS Generation II anti-rotation pins set $35.00
- Black rubber buttstock pad $8.00
Total = $1268
“I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
- Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004
May 16th, 2008 04:22 AM
Good helpful/worthwhile thread Tally.
I'm hoping that you'll be able to post a few pics of your newborn baby.
Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ
May 16th, 2008 10:44 AM
boy a picture sure would help this thread...in fact numerous pictures would be even better....
--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--
NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines
May 16th, 2008 02:56 PM
Heh, you'd love to see my Superior Arms lower, then. With an Anvil Arms lower parts kit, I dinged up the same spot you did and where the pin goes into the trigger guard (I swear you need a hammer to get those pins in...).
Originally Posted by Tally XD
My excuse is I'm not buying for looks.
Anyway, congrats on the lower and I hope it serves you well. I'm not sold yet on that "gator grip" on the front of the mag well, but it's hard to argue with near flawless machining.
Last edited by BAC; May 16th, 2008 at 05:49 PM.
By Medic218 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: December 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM
By Janq in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: December 11th, 2010, 03:46 PM
By BikerRN in forum Defensive Carry & Tactical Training
Last Post: July 24th, 2010, 02:05 AM
By D Strokes in forum Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion
Last Post: May 2nd, 2010, 01:07 AM
By Rock and Glock in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: March 17th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Search tags for this page
mega ar 15 reviews
mega ar lower
mega arms gator
mega arms gator lower
mega gator lower
mega gator lower review
mega gator m4 lower half
mega lower receiver review
Click on a term to search for related topics.