Knoxx Stock

This is a discussion on Knoxx Stock within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone have one? I have one on my new shottie (gotta get pics up I know) and saw a new sidesaddle that goes on it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knoxx Stock

Knoxx Stock

Anyone have one? I have one on my new shottie (gotta get pics up I know) and saw a new sidesaddle that goes on it - and wondered what people's thoughts on it were? Both the stock and the saddle.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    I've got the stock, no saddle, all I've gotten to shoot in since the addition of the stock were slugs and I really didn't feel the difference, then again, it could of just been me expecting the recoil and moving with it instead of letting the stock do it's job...

Yeah, I need to get back on the range...

LOL You and me both JD. I've had it for about a week now - I don't usually keep something without trying it out pretty soon thereafter.

Administrator
    I had an T&E model for a few months, and wasnt impressed at all. IMO, its a gimmick.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I was just about to start a thread on this. I have the standard telescopic Knoxx stock with the pistol grip. The recoil seems a little more harsh than the standard stock on my 870. I was considering getting the Knoxx stock that reduces recoil by having a few inches of travel while shooting.

Is there a significant difference between the two Knoxx stocks? The one I have was $69 at Cabela's. The one that reduces recoil is $109. Is it worth it?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I have no idea bout that, but I did fire 25 rounds of #7, 50 of #6 and 15 00 buck TAP and WOLF tactical rounds, oh and another 25 of #7 I forgot about. All of that, none of it was painful, and I just have a little light brown friction burn looking discoloration that isn't even painful on the shoulder - I also shot probably 300 rounds of .223 and 5.56 the same day with a few .38 and .357 mixed in through a lever gun for good measure. I had a good day at the range, but the point of the rambling is that it didn't hurt at all with the stock. I guess it works. Next time my buddy is bringing his 590 so we can shoot them side by side and see what happens.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I've got the recoil-reducing spec-ops stock on my Mossberg 500, and it's definitely not a gimmick. I'm a little guy and I've never liked the shoulder-beatings that came with slugs or 3in shells, but I could shoot them all day with the knoxx stock. You've just gotta make sure you suck it up tight into your shoulder. The spring only works if the stock is held stationary.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

I've had the knoxx spec-ops stock for about 3 years now. Sixto, I don't know if maybe yours was a prototype or something, but I can tell you that it definitely works as advertised. I have shot buck and slug all day (literally), on several occasions with no sore shoulder in the morning. JD, I did find that it required a "break-in" period to loosen up the spring. When I first got it I couldn't compress the stock even when leaning my full weight on it, now I can move it. I can't recommend it highly enough. Mesa makes one now too, but it is considerably more expensive ( about 3x) when purchased with a stock and the adapter.

Administrator
    I dunno, maybe it was, but I wasnt impressed by it at all. Then again, I will shoot a flat of 00 buck in over two days for a combat course I do with a standard 14" 870 and I'm not sore at all... unless I improperly mount the gun in the first place. With proper techinique, I just dont see a need for it no matter if it works or not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Well, add one to the "yes, it works" count.

I think those things are nothing short of amazing. I tried it side-by-side with a standard stock and, yeah, it works BETTER than they say it does. A 3" magnum loaded 00-buck shell from behind a knoxx stock is easier on the shoulder than a standard 2-3/4 #8 birdshot shell from a solid stock. (the birdshot with a knoxx-equipped gun is, quite literally, insignificant. Honestly along the lines of my ruger 10/22 in recoil, which is, as I said, amazing)
    Heisenberg may have slept here

I took mine to the range and while I didn't get to shoot it side by side with a 12ga without it we plan to soon. I fired nearly 100 rounds including 00 buck TAP FPD ammo and was just fine. It still bucks, but not nearly like what I think it would without it. Looking forward to testing it side by side.

BAC
    I looked into one only because it looks to have a shorter length of pull (a preference I have that, with my long arms, I can't figure out), but I'm probably just going to chop down a fixed stock to what I want. I've never found recoil to be a problem with shotguns, even shooting a friend of the family's 10 gauge pump. Now, if the Knoxx stock increases speed of subsequent shots, then perhaps I'll reconsider it.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I looked into one only because it looks to have a shorter length of pull (a preference I have that, with my long arms, I can't figure out), but I'm probably just going to chop down a fixed stock to what I want. I've never found recoil to be a problem with shotguns, even shooting a friend of the family's 10 gauge pump. Now, if the Knoxx stock increases speed of subsequent shots, then perhaps I'll reconsider it.

-B
    That is why I am considering either the cop stock (50% recoil reduction claimed) or spec ops stock (95% recoil reduction claimed). With reduced recoil comes reduced muzzle flip is my take anyone with either want to add their experience. I like the folding stock option on the cop stock, as all I have now is a pistol grip, but the 95% recoil reduction makes the stationary stock seem acceptable if I can maneuver easily in the house with it.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    That is why I am considering either the cop stock (50% recoil reduction claimed) or spec ops stock (95% recoil reduction claimed). With reduced recoil comes reduced muzzle flip is my take anyone with either want to add their experience. I like the folding stock option on the cop stock, as all I have now is a pistol grip, but the 95% recoil reduction makes the stationary stock seem acceptable if I can maneuver easily in the house with it.

I just got the cop stock on ebay (haven't had a chance to take it out yet though... and probably won't for a few weeks ) so I'll have an idea of how they compare fairly soon.

I've got it on a remmy 870 with an 18" barrel and with the stock flipped up, it is definitely maneuverable.

Follow on shots are certainly much quicker with the full sized stock. I'll see which one I like more and probably sell the other. (unless I talk myself into buying a 24 inch rifled barrel 870 for the full sized stock to sit behind. )
    Heisenberg may have slept here

I have the SpecOps Folder on my Mossberg 500 and it works great. I can almost shoot it with one hand.
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links