*Official DC AK-47 Picture Thread* - Page 7

*Official DC AK-47 Picture Thread*

This is a discussion on *Official DC AK-47 Picture Thread* within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 5666605577_0ba196754f_z.jpg My Rifle Dynamics AKMS. Semi-auto of course. I have only had one non-magazine related failure and that was some weird malf I've never seen ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: *Official DC AK-47 Picture Thread*

5666605577_0ba196754f_z.jpg

My Rifle Dynamics AKMS. Semi-auto of course. I have only had one non-magazine related failure and that was some weird malf I've never seen where the round ended up on the left side of the receiver jammed between the bolt and the wall. Held the bolt back and shook it out. I love AK simplicity!

This thing has almost 3,000 rounds through it including Advanced Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting from Suarez International. The only thing I want to change is add an Aimpoint H1.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

VIP Member
    Gotta love Rifle Dynamics
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Super nice AK! How was that class btw? I am in need of such class to learn basics on the AK platform

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Here's a few updated pictures. I added a RS Regulate 30mm scope mount and a Primary Arms 30mm RDS. So far, I'm pleased with both of them, but I don't have enough rounds downrange to give a final conclusion. I also added a Hogue grip which is leaps and bounds better than the plastic one it came with. I highly recommend changing out the grip.

I plan on swapping the Primary Arms scope out for an Aimpoint (And put it on something else) but for now it'll work just fine. I'm not in combat and the paper targets don't know the difference.

ak1.jpgak2.jpgak3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    For those times when you need to shoot a little farther. My Dragonuv.
    That is sweet, are these chambered in 7.62 X 54?

I also really like your gun rest for the photo's, something about AK's and Rebar just seem to go together!

I did want to ask you and others here about sling mounting locations. I noticed the picture of the Saiga conversions has the stock sling mounting ring on the right side. Is this to sling the gun on your left shoulder?

The sling mount on my AK is under the stock, which works ok for slinging over right shoulder. Does anyone have suggestions for the best sling position?

Gotta love Rifle Dynamics
    Yeah, they do outstanding work. It is the smoothest gun I have ever handled/shot right out of the box and it has gotten even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Super nice AK! How was that class btw? I am in need of such class to learn basics on the AK platform
    Thank you very much. I had to wait about a year for it due to a member of Jim's family passing and RD moving to a bigger shop at the same time, but it was well worth it.

I would HIGHLY recommend the class. It was fast paced and chock full of information. It pushed me out of my comfort zone in a good way, but I learned a lot about what I am capable of and need work on.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

How much was the class if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I think I paid about $360.

Wow, just checked out their site. Apparently prices went up. $450 and it looks like they only have four AK specific classes.

Not exactly an AK but close enough. These are the conversions I have chosen for my Saiga's. They are being built now by RD.

Don't take credit from your Saiga's. There built in the Izhmash factory in Russia were the "REAL" AK's are built. The fact that there sporterized for import means nothing. As far as I'm concerned that makes them the "most real" out of all the AK variants available to us. I think the term conversion makes people think about it different, there not being "converted" into anything there weren't already. There built as AK's, converted to sporting, and back. nothing fake about it. Arguably Arsenal makes some of the better AK-47s out there, there all built on Saiga receivers, nobody calls them fake!

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Don't take credit from your Saiga's. There built in the Izhmash factory in Russia were the "REAL" AK's are built. The fact that there sporterized for import means nothing. As far as I'm concerned that makes them the "most real" out of all the AK variants available to us. I think the term conversion makes people think about it different, there not being "converted" into anything there weren't already. There built as AK's, converted to sporting, and back. nothing fake about it. Arguably Arsenal makes some of the better AK-47s out there, there all built on Saiga receivers, nobody calls them fake!
    He might have meant that they are 12 gauge, not one of the "true" AK calibers. Just a thought.

Good Call, maybe. Wasn't thinking that way.

Senior Moderator
    Saiga Twins, with the ACE folding stock. One, a "true" AK caliber of 7.62x 39 and the other a 12 Gauge.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Super nice!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Well, I did it! I got my first AK (soon to be more I suspect). It's nothing special just a normal GP WASR 10/63. It surely isn't going to be a safe-queen. I think of this more as a utility rifle that I don't need to worry much about. I know there are better AK's but I'm happy with this one. It shoots a 4" group at 100 yds with irons and my poor eyes shooting Tula. The front post covers up my target at that range, so I bet a good 4x scope would do better.

tn.jpg

Tapco SAW grip
    Tapco shorty forward verticle grip
    Red Jacket A2 style flash suppressor
    ATI Strikeforce stock and foregrip
    Tapco mags
    Surefire G2 LED with a Command Arms holder
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

My Com-Block guns:
    Modified Mosin 91/30; Mosin M44; Pre-ban Norinco SKS; My 10/63
    comblock.jpg
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links