AR Combat Optics - Page 2

AR Combat Optics

This is a discussion on AR Combat Optics within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What he's referring to is that with the EOTech you can have your head anywhere you want and as long as you can see the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What he's referring to is that with the EOTech you can have your head anywhere you want and as long as you can see the reticle you will hit the target. With the Aimpoint the dot should be centered on the glass for best accuracy - with the EOTech it doesn't matter.

Austin

I have a 552 AA ver., and so far I like it. It may not be as "bullet proof" as the Aimpoint but unless you are at war dose it matter to you?

You can rise the intensity in day light to the point of being way to bright.

When I was looking for optics I talked with 7 guys that worked on some sort of tac team, SWAT types. A couple were diehard EoTech or Aimpoint. The rest said get what works for me. I was hoping I would get a clear get that model answer.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

kaz
    Isn't the Reflex supposed to be accurate if it's not centered also? I've never put too much effort into centering the dot and never had any problem hitting my target. I've actually never tried to see how tight a group I could get with mine either though. I know they work with both eyes open.

Administrator
    The holographic dot is projected out to the target.
    It does not get "beamed out" to the target like a laser but, the hologram puts the dot "out there" on the plane of the target rather than the reticle being at the weapon location.
    Humm........let me see if I can find you a more suitable and better explanation than the one I just gave you.

OK GO HERE - Try The Simulator - (fun, but not really an actual true simulation) and then click on "Technology" at the top of the page and then click on Making A Hologram on the pull down menu. L-3 EOTech Holographic Weapons Systems
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    I should add that one huge advantage of the hologram is if you wear eyeglasses.

For instance if you are "near sighted" and wear glasses to focus images that are far away - keeping your eyeglasses on - the lighted reticle inside the EoTech and the far away target will both be in sharp, crisp, focus with your eyeglasses on because the hologram reconstructs both the target and the superimposed reticle on the same plane of focus.
    It's amazing technology really.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

love my ACOG

was at the shop looking for a lesser sight and stumbled upon a half price ACOG!!!

I would do the happy dance then too!

I have an EOTech on each of my AR builds...very nice but I wouldn't have spent the $$ for a new one.
    I picked up two of the Bushnell Trophy (ACOG copy) for 179.00 which seems to work just fine.
    If it was a "work" rifle I'd feel different I'm sure. For hunting the paper zombies I can't talk myself...or the wife into ACOG/(new)EOTech money. I saw the 4X magnifier for the EOtechs today..700.00. I almost fell over.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    QK, thanks for the details. That was very helpful!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links