EOTECH Sighting Manual...

This is a discussion on EOTECH Sighting Manual... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am looking for an official pdf for the USMC or the US Army that tells how to operate and zero the Eotech family of ...

Thread: EOTECH Sighting Manual...

I am looking for an official pdf for the USMC or the US Army that tells how to operate and zero the Eotech family of sights. I know its out there, but even on AKO I am having a devil of a time finding it! If anyone can post a link, or can even describe the procedures - I am familiar with the Army's 25 meter ironsight zero - then I would appriciate it.

When we had EOTechs on some of our issued guns I don't ever remember seeing any such manual or publication. I would just go with what the instruction booklet says. It probably just says to adjust one knob for vertical and one for horizontal... As far as operating it, keep fresh batteries in it, and to turn it on push any button (except NV). Should turn off automatically after a certain amount of hours IIRC.
    A 50 yard zero should put you within about 3 inches vertical out to about 250 yards with most loads. The 36 yard zero is good out to 300 but with a little bigger spread. I don't know anything about a 25 meter zero but it doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It might stretch your range to 350 (if that) but you'll have a much larger vertical change in POI. Just my two cents.

Austin

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

I'm sorry I've confused everyone I think. I know that the military has a manual for everything - we all know that. I just want to see the proper rubber stamped proceedures for it from them to compare and consider. I've got the manual that came with it. It is noncommittal as to where to zero it at, which is the big question and I thought I would get some other information about why each branch of service chooses x range and methodology to zero.

Thanks though, I like having a pdf manual because I'll misplace my paper copy one soon enough I am sure! lol

Links