Assault Weapons Ban 2009? - Page 2

Assault Weapons Ban 2009?

This is a discussion on Assault Weapons Ban 2009? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 Okay I still don't see the negative in this. Normal Market forces change prices all the time. They have always bounced ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Okay I still don't see the negative in this.

Normal Market forces change prices all the time. They have always bounced back.
    A complete ban on importation and/or manufacture will cause a permanent shortage, which will drive prices up and keep them there. And it's starting to look like a supermajority for the Dems in the Senate, which could be very, very bad news for us.
    It's not just firearms either--some of them want to ban the ammo or "imprint" it with serial numbers (which will make it prohibitively expensive).
    Given all that, stock up on hi-cap magazines (anything over 10 rounds), firearms of your choice, and ammo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    It is possible that a new AWB will be put in place, but it still has to pass through the Senate, the president's power is limited. It can't hurt to stock up on hi-cap magazines and other so called "evil" accessories for your military style rifles. I'm not gonna go into a panic over this, but do plan on getting a few more 30 rounders for my WASR10, and a couple more 33 round mags for my Glocks.
    What if you had to turn your guns in?
    I have a bad feeling that the filthy politicians here are going to outlaw semi autos, possibly banning ammunition as well... they can give you a "grace" period to turn all the ammo and guns in, after that anyone still holding them will turn a criminal over night.... sounds impossible?

The first "AWB" passed the US House by one vote after a whole bunch of finagling. There are not enough votes in the current US House to pass an "AWB." It is very likely that the next US House will be very similar in make up to the present one.

The Senate is another matter. At least 8 of the Republicans in the Senate can be counted on to vote for an "AWB."

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by rcj5 View Post
    A complete ban on importation and/or manufacture will cause a permanent shortage, which will drive prices up and keep them there. And it's starting to look like a supermajority for the Dems in the Senate, which could be very, very bad news for us.
    It's not just firearms either--some of them want to ban the ammo or "imprint" it with serial numbers (which will make it prohibitively expensive).
    Given all that, stock up on hi-cap magazines (anything over 10 rounds), firearms of your choice, and ammo as well.

Okay, something I think you misread.

I don't see the negative side of a free market.
    I see a negative side of them BANNING something. But Prices go up down all the time. Its simple supply/ demand "invisible hand"

Demand on all firearm products has gone way up. If quantity demanded of a product goes up, you have to raise prices as a business to stay efficient! If you don't raise the prices and try and return your market to an equilibrium point you have much bigger problems on the economic/ industry side of the coin.

Yes its sucks now that a Glock magazine was 15.99, and now I have to pay 24.99 for the same magazine. However, from a business side thats not a bad thing at all.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Yes its sucks now that a Glock magazine was 15.99, and now I have to pay 24.99 for the same magazine. However, from a business side thats not a bad thing at all.
    It's a very bad thing when food and gas are doing the same thing. that's what riots and revolutions start over. No one is paying much attention; it looks very much like 1928...

I've done a lot of things in my life...hope to do many more! Turning this country into a 'Canada', 'England', or 'Austraila' as a safe from weapons country, or a U.N. ruled society isn't going to happen without some heavy duty resistance.I can say no more...

Stay armed...if 2A goes, so does 1A...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO there is no gun ban on the horizon . With that said I have got motivated to buy a mini mill and a lathe , some " kit guns " , and even some glock mags before they went up ( i got a deal when i was buying fal and ar mags ) . I am real light on the reloading end , but do have a buddy who can do anything up to and including .50 bmg now . he cranks .308 out on a progressive lol .
    IMHO as long as America has a drill press and a desire we will have guns . You just cannot make know how illegal .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Okay, something I think you misread.

I don't see the negative side of a free market.
    I see a negative side of them BANNING something. But Prices go up down all the time. Its simple supply/ demand "invisible hand"
    I didn't misread. You're right about a free market. But with a complete ban, it is by definition NOT a free market. The laws of supply/demand do not apply because supply is artificially limited by non-market forces. If a ban is passed, there will be a fixed or declining number of guns/parts/magazines, which will make the price go way up. For prices to go back down (as in a free market) would require an oversupply of guns/mags/parts, but if they are banned, then that would never occur, at least for legal purchase. As the few remaining parts decrease with breakage, loss, wear or theft, the price would just would continue upward.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    It's a very bad thing when food and gas are doing the same thing. that's what riots and revolutions start over. No one is paying much attention; it looks very much like 1928...

LMOA.........SORRRY THATS JUST FUNNNYYYYYYYY sorry everybody but my lamb skin says I was Econ major at college.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Obama-Ban 2009

What am I doing? Well, I own 3 ARs and 2 underfolder AKs. I'm buying magazines and ammo for both every chance I get. I got a Norinco Uzi I'm making into an SBR and I'm stocking up on magazines for it. I work at a gun shop and range and take guns, magazines, and ammo instead of pay. That helps me sometimes. Every spare hundred bucks or so I get I buy a stripped AR lower from Brownells. I buy magazines for all of the "high capacity" guns I own. Glocks, HKs, M1 carbines, 10-22s and all that kind of stuff in the collection. I've even been tracking down some odd magazines for some of the older stuff. (PS: WTB H&K VP70 magazines...) As part of the trust I set up for the Uzi conversion to an SBR, I made sure my wife and son were taken care of so that they can own them should something happen to me.

Actually, I think "regular" semi-autos will be restricted long before anybody thinks to change the regulations on any NFA firearms. That particular group of guns has gone unnoticed regulation-wise since 1986 and anyone who can own a gun can own an NFA gun in the majority of states. Making a crappy looking Uzi with an ugly wood stock into a great looking clone of the famous SMG with a barrel short enough to fit under the seat of my car is going to cost me $200 to The Man, $30 or so to engrave the receiver, and $30 for dinner and beer for the lady who set up my trust. I'll cut the barrel myself. I'm looking into a deal for a suppressor now, and if I agree to show it off at the range I may get it free in exchange for the advertising. The manufacturer is in town, so $200 bucks to The Man and I'll probably add that one to the list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links