Defensive Carry banner

Night sight (bead) for 870

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rob72 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced the bead sight on their shotgun with a night sight? I know that there are hi-viz beads but I am unaware of a night "bead" sight.

Do they exist? And had anyone used them?

Thanks.

#4 ·
XS sights makes them, and they are the most visible of the trit night sights. having said that, I'm not a fan of night sites, since they are far less visible than fiber-optic or white dots in full- to low-ambient light.

I have one on my 870, only because it's my ambush-the-donkey gun. What I would use to take a head/upper torso shot on a known intruder coming up the stairs while all lights are off.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replys everyone. I think that I may go with the meprolights.

#6 ·
What size barrel are we talking here? If the 28" or duck gun size, may I suggest buying another barrel w/ dovetail front/ramp rear. You can always sell your factory barrel, or trade it or whatever. That is if you don't hunt with it.

I've replaced the bead on my 870 28" barrel with a flourescent sight (Hi-Viz) 6-48, you can tap it yourself or take it to the smith. Replacing the bead, no matter what kind, is the same process.

Check ebay for barrels.
omo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.