Got my stripped lowers....before the possible ban

This is a discussion on Got my stripped lowers....before the possible ban within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oh, well in that case, give FN Herstal a call and see if they're finally selling rifles to civilians. Seriously though, if it's a rifle ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my stripped lowers....before the possible ban

BAC
    Oh, well in that case, give FN Herstal a call and see if they're finally selling rifles to civilians.

Seriously though, if it's a rifle you want to use and abuse, in competitions and training courses and whatnot, you're going to have to tailor it a little differently than you would a casual plinker. For the lower, most lower parts kits would do (I linked several in my original response to you), so I'll just deal with uppers in this post.

I highly recommend an LMT 14.5" upper (here); I'd recommend a Bravo Company upper, but they're perpetually out of stock. Anyway, this will give you the same M4 upper you're familiar with. Find a set of handguards you like (the standard plastic heat shields or rails) and a Bravo Company auto (M16) bolt carrier group since neither of those uppers come with one. Add the rear sight/optic of your choice and rock on. This is right about at that point of diminishing returns, and anything better you'd have to really start shelling out cash for.

-B

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    I am looking at Model1sales.com for my upper...actually whole kit...
    The LPK that I got with mine was a give-away. The sear had to be filed. I'm ordering another soon but just the upper this time.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Just ordered my CMMG stripped lower for the same reason. Had fun putting in the internals (first build). Now I need to research all the upper features I need (want!).

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i finally ordered and received it today...a 20'' varmint chromed barrel kit...
    waiting on my stag arms lower...
    from what I can tell model1sales put out a good upper....can't wait to get the rifle together and see what it can do.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

If you guys need a barrel wrench CDNN investments has them for 19.95,shipping is 14.95 for 1 or 1000 parts shipped so what I usually do is order a lot of parts at once like magazines and other stuff
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

wow, scurrying around and snapping up gun parts like squirrels hoarding nuts before the snow, I am and you are too. It is sad.

The lower just allows you to buy "parts kits" to build and configure you an AR from the ground up to your liking.

If you're gonna hoard my friend, hoard hi-cap mags, flash hiders, folding and collapsable stocks. If you don't USE them you can sell them for a profit when or if the gun ban hits us yet again...
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links