AK47

AK47

This is a discussion on AK47 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What is that law about having an AK47 in the house in OH? My uncle can get his hands on a nice one for a ...

Thread: AK47

AK47

What is that law about having an AK47 in the house in OH? My uncle can get his hands on a nice one for a great price. If it is a pain with the law I do not even want it. Can someone help?
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Assuming we're talking about a semi-automatic, and not a full-auto...and your uncle isn't otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm...an AK47 isn't any different from any other firearm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Assuming we're talking about a semi-automatic, and not a full-auto...and your uncle isn't otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm...an AK47 isn't any different from any other firearm.
    100% true.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

yes it is a semi auto and that is great new i think i might be gettin one at a great great price. i will check it out and post pics if i do end up getting it. thanks
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post
    What is that law about having an AK47 in the house in OH? My uncle can get his hands on a nice one for a great price. If it is a pain with the law I do not even want it. Can someone help?
    No worries, you can have as many as you wish. Some of the larger cities, i.e. Cleveland and Cincinnati had at one time restrictions on mag capacity, but I'm pretty darn sure that has gone away or at least largely ignored.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Think I am going to get one of these, wanted one for a long time, and just in case we get a nut in the white house next year(obama) who says he is in favor of reinstating the assualt weapons ban, then I am going to get one before then. Then they'll hear the words from me I quote from a great American, "From my cold dead hands!"
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

To reiterate,
    No problems at all that I know of, same thing foes for AR's. Do you know which variant he is getting? Or where he is getting it from?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links