Mech Tech just arrived

Mech Tech just arrived

This is a discussion on Mech Tech just arrived within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I received my Mech-Tech today. I bought it for the tactical matches I will compete in. I needed a pistol caliber carbine and this seemed ...

Thread: Mech Tech just arrived

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Mech Tech just arrived

I received my Mech-Tech today. I bought it for the tactical matches I will compete in. I needed a pistol caliber carbine and this seemed like the least expensive and most practical solution. I am able to utilize all my Glock accessories such as magazines and didn't need learn a whole new gun system.

For those unfamiliar with it, Mech-Tech makes carbine conversion units (CCU) basically for Glocks and 1911s. This one is for a Glock 19/23 and shoots 9mm.

Mech Tech Systems, Inc.

Initial impression is that it is a little klunky and heavy. But since I won't be carrying it around with me (at least not yet), that is not an issue.

Installing a Glock lower receiver was fairly easy once you know where to place it. It slides right in and clicks so you know that it is installed and ready to go. That is it. Since the Glock 19 and 23 use the same frame, I can use my 23 (.40) for the carbine and the 19 (9mm) for the pistol portion of the competition.

I bought a 33 round magazine just in case for the competitions. I could easily just use the standard 15 round magazines, but I didn't want to be futzing with magazine changes. Plus, they can be use for my CCW when I am not competing. (http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...intensive.html)

I got mine with the M4 stock. It is adjustable at three lengths. A pad would be nice, but with the weight of the CCU, I doubt there will be much recoil.

I couldn't figure out how to lock the slide back. My son showed me and he didn't even read the directions. (I hate when that happens. )

I have a red dot sight on order. As soon as it comes, I will install it and take it to the range. Stand by for a range report.
    Attached Images
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

That's pretty sweet!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I just checked out their website. Looks like mech tech improved their technology quite a bit. I may just have to reconsider them.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Sponsored Links