Did I do good?

This is a discussion on Did I do good? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Purchased a Remington 870 Police today via Gunbroker.com: GunBroker.com guns: Remington 870 12 Ga Mag 20" Blue Police Cylinder (item: 101475307 ends: Jun-04-08 09:58:27 PM) ...

Thread: Did I do good?

Did I do good?

Purchased a Remington 870 Police today via Gunbroker.com:

GunBroker.com guns: Remington 870 12 Ga Mag 20" Blue Police Cylinder (item: 101475307 ends: Jun-04-08 09:58:27 PM)

for $425 + shipping and transfer fee (should be $500 or so in the end).

Did I do good?

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

2. Remove Ads

Did I do good?
    Probably. You'd have done better taking it away for the initial $300. Ever since I sold my Ithaca 37, I've been looking for the right deal on a PD shotgun again. Likely it will come from the local newspaper ads as folks are needing cash money in this ever declining economy and selling off extras they don't use or need. But over all---yes--I think you got a good deal even though personally-I'd say it was on the edge. Deal sure, but not a steal for the economic minded. If you're like some here and have plenty of disposable income, then you've done well in my opinion--probably current market value shipping included. Again---just my opinion.

A good deal is a state of mind!!!
    You now have a weapon that will defend your life should it be needed and you are up to the task.
    The first weekend you put a few rounds through her will it really matter what it cost as long as it's yours now..
    Great gun, take care..JMO
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Administrator
    Well... sort of. I dont think you got a bad deal, but you sort of got ripped off by the description...sorry to break the news but its not the police model. Its an 870 magnum with a 20" police choked barrel.
    Either way, it it will make a fine HD shotgun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Seems a litttle high to me, but shotguns have went up more than I like. I think I will find me a Police trade-in and have it refinished...
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    it is a good deal if you think it is...if they are hard to find in your area, or you don't have the time to look and look...then yup a great deal...I hope it serves you well.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Links