The DC HD Shotgun thread! - Page 4

The DC HD Shotgun thread!

This is a discussion on The DC HD Shotgun thread! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Boy, oh, boy what a great topic for a thread. I've got a lot of shotties lying about the house. They range from the Stoeger ...

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: The DC HD Shotgun thread!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Boy, oh, boy what a great topic for a thread. I've got a lot of shotties lying about the house.

They range from the Stoeger Outback stoked with TAP buckshot and Federal tactical slugs, to an old Little Rock, Arkansas PD 870 stoked with TAP buckshot to my hunting favorite, a Stoeger Coach gun, loaded with TAP buckshot to my beside baby, my 835 Ulti-Mag, complete with 20-inch barrel (they don't make an 18), Knoxx Comp Stock and 3 1/2" 00 buckshot. They're all 12-ga.

I have a "new" BPS 10-ga., that I keep loaded with 00. Shot a soccer ball with it recently. Wow.

I guess the real workhorse HD gun is the one by the bed, the Mossy 835, which is also the most....customized? personalized? tacticalized?

I love'em all.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Well, things change quickly sometimes, and have certainly taken a turn toward the unexpected today. My boss, our owner, shocked me today, by awarding me this shotgun, for my work spearheading this Saiga 12 project. I never thought I'd own something like this...
    Congratulations, you now have the world's coolest shotgun.

Anyone want to take a quick show of hands to confirm this?

Jealous as hell, man!! Very nice! What kind of EOTech is that?
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    Congratulations, you now have the world's coolest shotgun.

Anyone want to take a quick show of hands to confirm this?

Jealous as hell, man!! Very nice! What kind of EOTech is that?
    That's an Eotech 512, the one that takes AA batteries, but it's not mine. I just threw it on there for the photos.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Senior Moderator
    I don't think I'll be able to get myself to shoot it... much.
    Such a work of art needs to be used like it was attended. I'll pay for shipping to Alabama and shoot it for you
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Im going to be getting my first shotgun this coming month...

So far I really like the moss500 with pistol grip... the price seems good too.
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balsac View Post

Good choice. That's mine in Post #2. I love this gun to pieces. I think I would probably sell my SKS before I got rid of it. It was my first shottie and it didn't take long at all to get everything down. Simple, straightforward gun. And it just looks mean, too.

It should be said, though.. I can't find a shroud that will fit it.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Such a work of art needs to be used like it was attended. I'll pay for shipping to Alabama and shoot it for you
    I won't be able to shoot it for a while anyway. As I said, it's being used as a display model, so we can take photos, and show customers, during intervals when we don't have any completed guns to show. I don't want to put any wear on it, or get it dirty again. Of course, if you really want to shoot one, we have a few available at the moment, but it'll cost you a bit more than shipping.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Balsac View Post

Yeah, put me down as another vote for the Mossberg 500. I like the layout of the controls, and the light alloy receiver (a shotgun isn't a weapon I'm likely to put through long range sessions, anyway). I think that little 18.5" Mossberg in SixBravo's post would be a capital choice. As I said, in the next couple of days, I'll be adding a youth stock to mine. The short barrel, and the youth stock, will make for a very short, but legal, overall length, which will make the gun very handy in tight quarters. The short stock also allows the gun to come up to your shoulder very quickly. Plus, as you said yourself, the price is very good.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Well, things change quickly sometimes, and have certainly taken a turn toward the unexpected today. My boss, our owner, shocked me today, by awarding me this shotgun, for my work spearheading this Saiga 12 project. I never thought I'd own something like this, but here's my new shotgun -

I don't get to take it home until we're done using it as a display model, but I'm happy as a clam, or a dancing banana.

OK I need one of these NOW. How, Where, when can I get one

I'm with sixbravo, that IS the worlds coolest shotgun Seraph. Congrats you lucky dog!!

Quote Originally Posted by lopadrino79 View Post
    OK I need one of these NOW. How, Where, when can I get one
    Check your private messages, or just call us at the shop. We don't have many left at the moment (you might be surprised at how much of this type of thing gets gobbled up by the local Knoxville, TN market), and we never know how long until the next batch will become available.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

i got this moss. 500, the breacher model, and added an adjustable stock to it.

next mod. is some ghosr ring sights, and a surefire forend. then it'll be perfect.

I can't take a picture of mine, but I can describe it for you. I own a Remington 870 Wingmaster. It has a 20 inch barrel with rifle sights. I've put a Speed feed stock and fore end on it. It has a Wilson one round extension on it. Also it is a left handed shotgun. All the controls are on the left side, and so is the ejection port.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i got this moss. 500, the breacher model, and added an adjustable stock to it.

next mod. is some ghosr ring sights, and a surefire forend. then it'll be perfect.
    Very nice!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I picked up my new Mossberg 590 with ghost sights today. Changed out the forend for a Surefire 623FA.

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links