The DC HD Shotgun thread! - Page 7

The DC HD Shotgun thread!

This is a discussion on The DC HD Shotgun thread! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OD Take-downs come in handy occasionally. Sweet!...

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: The DC HD Shotgun thread!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    Take-downs come in handy occasionally.
    Sweet!
    "Just blame Sixto"

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Sweet!
    Thanks.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    Take-downs come in handy occasionally.
    I like mine too.

Rigrat and svgheartland like this.

OD*
    Nice M12

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

shhweeeeeet, OD! what is that?

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    shhweeeeeet, OD! what is that?
    Thanks.

That's a 1907 made Winchester Model 1897.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    Here's my lowly S-12, after Seraph's sparkling version! What kind of side folder is that? Some kind of custom AK to AR? If AR based does the shock tube help a lot with the heavier recoil of an S-12 over a 223/556 round?
    It looks like Seraph's Saiga has an ACE stock on it. Just look up ACE modular stocks. I am pretty sure that it will take most of the AK47 stock options that they offer.

I used an ACE internal block and CAR adaptor to put a 4position M4 stock on my AK, but without the buffer tube that the AR has, I don't think the spring and that will actually do anything but add some weight, so I left mine out.

I don't know if the Saiga has a rear tang or not, but the internal block can be used without cutting the tang. ACE says it can't, but all you have to do is notch the internal block to keep the tang. I did this on my WASR, so that I could return it to "traditional config" again if I wanted to, and so that I could use the beryl-type rail mount. I'll see if I have a close up pic of my ACE set-up.

Seraph: You need to SBS that SAIGA - PRONTO! Especially if you have the skilled workers and equipment to have it done. You may have to look into the legalities though, since you leave the gun at the shop, if anyone else transports it, it would be an issue, but SBS converted S12s are the ****!
    I like my solvent and my lubricant for my guns to rhyme, so I use Gasoline and Vasoline.

From Pennsylvania? www.pafoa.org

I couldn't find a good pic of how I cut mine, but basically I cut along the red line and removed that piece so that the tang would stick out. This does limit which ACE stocks you can use, but I used the lower mounting holes and it all fit fine for my CAR adapter. For my WASR, I also had to trim a bit of the lower part (indicated in green) so that it would clear the rear trunion. Of course if the SAIGA doesn't have the tang, or you are ok with cutting it off, it's even easier. They also sell an "external" block, but I've seen rifles with it, and they look bad, plus it adds like 3 inches to your stock. No oofense meant if you have an ACE external, but I find them to look half baked.

Once you have your internal block, you can use any of these stocks, plus you can add the folder mechanism to most of them and make them fold. You can even use the folder and a CAR adaptor to have a folding AND collapsible stock. The folding unit can be made to fold either left or right.
    ACE LTD. USA -- Stocks

Here is a picture of my WASR with the stock adaptors, though it's not a close up shot. I know that this is a Shotgun thread, but when you're talking about S-12, AK mods are always involved.

Yes those are flowered sheets. My wife finds the picture of the "scary black" rifle on flowered sheets to be hilarious.
    Last edited by Scott; August 14th, 2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: profanity
    I like my solvent and my lubricant for my guns to rhyme, so I use Gasoline and Vasoline.

From Pennsylvania? www.pafoa.org

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Well, things change quickly sometimes, and have certainly taken a turn toward the unexpected today. My boss, our owner, shocked me today, by awarding me this shotgun, for my work spearheading this Saiga 12 project. I never thought I'd own something like this, but here's my new shotgun -

I don't get to take it home until we're done using it as a display model, but I'm happy as a clam, or a dancing banana.

Can I work for your boss?
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Well, I just bought a Maverick 88 today. When I look at it all I see is a fresh canvass, and you guys have given me lots of ideas on what to do to mine.

Do you think I can get an M203 connected to a weaver rail?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Well, I just bought a Maverick 88 today. When I look at it all I see is a fresh canvass, and you guys have given me lots of ideas on what to do to mine.

Do you think I can get an M203 connected to a weaver rail?
    I wondered if you'd taken the advice on the Maverick to heart. I bet the finance minister didn't complain too much about it. How much did it set you back, if you don't mind?
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Maverick - $179.99

12 Ga swab - $1.49

12 Ga Bronze Brush - $1.49

1 box o' shells - $28.99

Total out the door and with a smile = $229.45

So I have plenty of play money for some stuff to start off with. Now all I have to do is see the Wife's face when I start ordering parts, I can see it now. It will translate to "I can't believe you are getting so nuts over this, next thing you know you will join the NRA"

Heh, what little she knows
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

No pic, you've seen it before....

Remington 870P
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Just picked up a 870clone with a 12" barrel and ghost ring sights $309, next to add a specops stock for it.

With my 590 equipped with specops stock recoil reducing stock and Limbsaver recoil pad (aka Wussmaster 2000) makes shooting 3" magnums a pleasure.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Just picked up a 870clone with a 12" barrel and ghost ring sights $309, next to add a specops stock for it.

With my 590 equipped with specops stock recoil reducing stock and Limbsaver recoil pad (aka Wussmaster 2000) makes shooting 3" magnums a pleasure.

Did that price include the stamp?
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Links