The DC HD Shotgun thread! - Page 9

The DC HD Shotgun thread!

This is a discussion on The DC HD Shotgun thread! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought that I would add a picture here. I think I am pretty well done with what I want to do with this gun. ...

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: The DC HD Shotgun thread!

I thought that I would add a picture here. I think I am pretty well done with what I want to do with this gun. It is my first HD shotgun and I want it pretty simple. The only thing that is being changed is going to be the mount for the flashlight. I installed the Tac Star mount and it is not real secure. I shot the gun yesterday for the first time and the light moved forward about a 1/2 inch on the magazine. I had it tight. I tightened it up even more and this caused the mag spring to not move properly. I am going to try a couple of the Advanced Technology clamps and see if they don't work better.
    Anyway, here is my Mossberg 500 Persuader/Crusier with the AT Tactical stock, Surefire G2 light and the Tac-Star remote switch. I am pretty happy with it.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

As far as light mounts go L&M sales (509) 758-7251 is one of the best I could find, it's heads and tails above the tac-star and won't move!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Charles Daly Field AW

CIBMike likes this.
    Hornady .45AUTO 230gr. JHP +p
    One Shot...One Kill!

Mossber Maverick, w/Mossberg wood:

<><
    "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."
    PS. 144:1 NIV

Just your average 870 for those pesky zombies:

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Just a simple dependable 7 shot Remy 870 with tac light.

I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Question

Quote Originally Posted by miamicrix View Post
    miamicrix, PLEASE tell me where you found that stock for the CD tactical! ive been looking all over and havent found a single site that sells them.

Can't believe I missed this thread! Been shooting my 870 the past couple of weeks. Just put the shorter, ribbed fore end on it this week. I have a few more mods to make, and I'll be posting them and my experiences, pros and cons. I picked up a side saddle 4 shell holder today, and a magazine clamp for my M3 light as well. I'll be toying with all this next week since I'll be off work the whole week! For now, the pics are still the basic 870HD Express.

OK first this is an awesome thread, thanks....second, why a "pump"?? Correct me if I'm wrong but seems to me that a pump is going to take WAY longer to get shots off than a semi.....and if there is an (insert end of world situation here) I'm going to want speed...
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Quote Originally Posted by yzcrasher View Post
    OK first this is an awesome thread, thanks....second, why a "pump"?? Correct me if I'm wrong but seems to me that a pump is going to take WAY longer to get shots off than a semi.....and if there is an (insert end of world situation here) I'm going to want speed...
    I'm not one for the "end of the world scenarios". For my home I prefer simple and reliable. Seems some of the guys in the closest thing we've got the the end of the world at present agree.

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Shotguns for the military (as almost everything is) are "contracted by lowest bidder" (or there abouts) so not going to totally go with that. And no I'm not with the "end of the world" crowd, was just saying... I guess it's just a preferance thing, and maybe price? As a lot of the pumps I see in stores are a bit cheaper...
    To add to it I don't think any military branch has anything other than a pump??? Again, due to cheaper? But please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm NOT an expert.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

VIP Member
    I picked up a Mossberg JIC 500 Cruiser.

OD*
    Shotguns for the military (as almost everything is) are "contracted by lowest bidder" (or there abouts) so not going to totally go with that.
    Think the Benelli M4 was really the lowest bidder?
    LongRider and jpeto like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, dont give them a tomorrow."

Generally, reliability and durability.
    Semi-autos are a little quicker, to be sure, but surprisingly less of a speed factor than you might think (those big shells can only get in and out of there so quick).

Semi-autos have gas system with seals, which must periodically be replaced. And which could fail at the exactly WRONG time.

- OS

Installed some of this week's accessory finds on my 870. 4 shot side saddle, Wilson/Scattergun Tech follower, and no name tac light magazine clamp.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Links