Semi~Automatic Shotguns Information

This is a discussion on Semi~Automatic Shotguns Information within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rocky Euclidean, ever consider combat use? Try to pump while in the prone position a few times. I agree 100% PLUS under ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Semi~Automatic Shotguns Information

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Euclidean, ever consider combat use? Try to pump while in the prone position a few times.
    I agree 100% PLUS under extreme stress, many folks, even experienced shooters have a tendency to short stroke the piece and that leads to the double feed and a very difficult and time consuming attempt to clear. Better to shift to the handgun to stay in the fight. Try a pump at a good IDPA shoot where it's just the prone position and a time constraint then think of extending that to a fight to survive. I'll take my Benelli M121 everytime.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

I read somewhere about a Stoeger 2000 semi-auto that was a poor man's version of the Benelli and made by another subsidiary of the same parent company. Does anyone have any experience with it?
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

I think I'd rather have a used Benelli than a new poor man's version of anything. Granted...poor man's version doesn't necessarily mean defective or less effective. But you get what you pay for and I value my life enough to save the money. For that matter, why not get the Remington 11-87 semi. Not a Benelli, but it's still a police standard and it's not a "knockoff."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lightbulb Oooomph!

Quote Originally Posted by Team American
    Although I have considered purchasing a Remington pump, my Benelli M1 Super 90 has never let me down as long as it is maintained properly...I did have some ejection failures one time at the trap range after firing about 300 rounds of trap loads without cleaning

I wouldn't hesitate to trust my life to it.
    I have the precursor to the M90 -- the M121. I have done better with it on a Sporting Clays course than I ever did with a Browning Citori O/U. But for semis on that kind of exercise/sport...remember that most combat ammo is "high brass" and most sport ammo is "low brass" and that makes cycling more problematic for a gun designed for combat. Lack of ooomph!

I'd like to have a semi-auto shotgun --- because for many years, we raised protection dogs, so if we were in some odd situation, we'd have a leash in one hand to direct the dog and then would have liked a semi-auto so I could have used it with the other hand.
    I would still like one, but these days, the dogs bark and I go see with a Mossberg 500.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links