My wasr 10 took a dump

My wasr 10 took a dump

This is a discussion on My wasr 10 took a dump within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I went to the range to shoot my new WASR10 the other weekend. At first it would only fire 1 round, then stop. After ...

Thread: My wasr 10 took a dump

My wasr 10 took a dump

So I went to the range to shoot my new WASR10 the other weekend. At first it would only fire 1 round, then stop. After opening it I noticed some wire obstructing the mechanism. After moving the wire a bit it worked like a charm for about 20 or so rounds. thats when the pin that hold the firing mechanism in place fell out the side of the rifle..

With the help of one of the range masters and some tool I was able to get the pin back in place and continue shooting, but 20-30 rounds later it happend again. At that point I no longer felt safe using the rifle and retired it for the day.

Im shipping it back to century arms on monday, does anyone have any experience with returns to this manufacturer? they seemed very polite and empathetic on the phone.

a wire?

sticking out of where exactly? the mag? the bolt carrier? the trigger mechanism?
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Addict, check your PM's
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Shepard's crook out of place perhaps? That's what keeps the pins from "walking" out.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I agree with KenpoTex. Shephard's crook out of place. Go here brother, real easy fix.

Welcome to Krebs Custom - The Ultimate Expression of System Kalashnikov and look for this. KCI TRIGGER PIN RETAINING PLATE FOR AK RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS
    CATALOG NUMBER 48 $9.50
    Last edited by dakotasdad; June 21st, 2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Don't send it back.

The plate is far superior to the wire and a great upgrade for any AK. Its a simple fix. Your problem is a common one with the wire type and an easy fix.

thanks for the feedback, im going to let century arms have it, but if the problem persists i'll try the retaining plate.

Get the plate now. If Century already has your rifle, great, but replace the Shepherd's hook. Rarely, very rarely, the plates will break (I think I've heard of 2 in 5 years on AR15.com) so a spare isn't a bad idea.

I went through a return with Century for some canted sites on my WASR (I posted a thread on here at the time). Fast return, no issues.

Sorry to hear that. My WASR-10 has never skipped a beat.

I do have the usual canted front sight post and the milled reciever that clunks when the mag is inserted in the rifle. Other than that it rock n rolls all day long.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Sponsored Links