I believe i just bought a rem 1100

This is a discussion on I believe i just bought a rem 1100 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just was at my most local gunstore and tho its not one i do a lot of business with i ran across a remmington 1100 ...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

Just was at my most local gunstore and tho its not one i do a lot of business with i ran across a remmington 1100 with a 20" rifle sighted barrel , extended mag , 26" modified barrel as a package , i offered a bit less than 400 for it all and the dealer thinks i bought it as its on consignment for a trade for two ar 15s . Now i dont know if this is a great bargan but ill bet that sometime in the coming 4 years i will be able to get a lot more for it than i pay today should i choose to sell . My problem is i really dont need another shotgun , and could sure use the 400 for other things , but i like the remmington 1100 and this one is set up well . 400 will get me the gun , and plenty of slugs and 00 buck , i allready have phesant loads for the 26" tube lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Administrator
    You can never make a poor purchase with an 1100. At $400., I woulda bought several if they had them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    "Need another shotgun", what has that got to do with it?
    Sounds like a nice package. The 1100 is an excellent and versatile shotgun.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Well ill know tomorrow , the dealer says i bought it , but subject to the party coming up with cash on the deal they are working on . I did say i would raise my price for extra stuff on the deal possibly going as high as 425 if enough is pitched inn . Dealer says i most likely have just what i listed for price which as stated is below 400 . I did offer 325 and the dealer said if the guy would take that he would take it home and give the ammo away lol . Anyway its nothing special , just a clean 1100 with wood furniture in good shape and a few extras . No vent rib , no screw in chokes . If i keep it ill go with invectors or similar for the bird barrel at least .
    If i am not too busy in the next day or two ( i will call him but dont know if i will have time to pick the shotgun up assuming i get it for a bit ) i will see if i can get a couple of pics and put up . I am not much on naming guns but if i get this one i think i will dub it my " Heller special " since any 8 or 9 round 12 ga should fit that lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

1100 hundreds are aweet shooters. I used to shoot clays tourneys with one and ever since I switched to an O/U, my shoulder yearns for the 1100 to return.

I hope you get it at that price. Just keep her clean and she'll run forever. The only thing I've ever seen go wrong with one is that it either just needed cleaning, or the O-ring needed to be replaced after thousands and thousands of rounds. They're hard to beat.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Well i called back and i got it. Will try and get some pics up when i pick it up . Not sure ill get time today and if not it will be first of the week due to the holiday weekend . I did not look good and the short barrel is not rifle sighted rather its a cut down bead sighted barrel ( according to the phone conversation ) . The plus side is that the shotty has been tuned by a smith i know to run with it and timing of the action is dead nutz on . Mag extention is a choat ( sp?) with clamp and it has had a trigger job to go with the tuned action ( i know on a shotgun ?? LOL) . The Consigner frurther stated that he should have a bit more " crap " laying around for it ( i have no idea just what ) and if he can find it he will get it to the dealer as he dont want it and figures it should go with the shotgun . Ill wait and see on that end tho lol . He was setting the 1100 up to run 3 gun matches and between this election and his wife's objections to the time ( not the money the time ) that 3 gun was taking he decided to abandon 3 gun and pick up a couple of extra AR format rifles for his son and wife as he is " on the road " a lot with his job and his wife wont shoot the 1100 as a home defense firearm , but she will his AR so its ARs for everyone lol .

Note this is just a field grade 1100 and neither barrel is so much as ribbed . In fact it is almost an exact duplicate ( with the mod barrel and no mag extension ) of the first 1100 i owned as a teen and traded off long ago .
    I dont trade as many guns as i used to , but this one i bought as much for nastalga as i did the price . I have no doubt it will provide journeyman's service as a HD shotty ( my wife loves her citori superlight so she will have no issues with an 1100 ) but also will be a flash back in time for me while afield with it . Now if only it can provide me with the energy i had when i was 17 LOL .

Good on ya!

You're gonna love that 1100.....and as SgtD said, it'll run forever. I bet I have 50,000 rounds through mine from my skeet shooting days.

Dave and Sgt. As my posts indicate this is not my first 1100 , rather it is a step back in to memory lane that comes with most if not all the goodies to make it dual use . Heck my first 1100 was a mod barrel ( long before choke tubes ) and i took all the flying game in my area with it real successfully , and in fact won money with it at the skeet range ( once i found one to play on ) " hip shooting " doubles out of the low house . To say i shot the little 1100 a lot would be an understatement lol . For several years i wore out a couple of o rings a year with it . Then i needed some ( iirc ) HK rifle and had another shotty and it went by the wayside to finance the rifle . I have owned 4 or 5 1100/1187 shottys since then but never really realised i outa hang onto one lol and besides someone always offered me enough profit to make me sell them again to finance something else lol . This one ( assuming it runs as it should ) is a keeper that i purchased as a combo HELLER YA!! and happy Independence Day gun . This fall we will see if it stomps up pheasants better than any of the other shotguns i own , and for a brief time upon bird rise i will be 17 again . That alone is worth more than any price of the gun or utility i may get from it .

Remington 1100, spare barrel and ammo for 400 -- I'd say you did great. Enjoy.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Sounds like a good deal. Congrats and stay safe!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

I just picked it up , pics to follow when i have time , its late today . As a note it was so dirty ( from what one might see in the store ) that any rounds over 4 locked the follower . Now ( after a bit of aggressive swabbing involving power tools ) it will reliably feed all 7 . It is currently stripped down , and i am fueling the genset that runs my air compressor so that i may clean all else . Shooting report wont come till after the weekend , but i think ill take it with the short barrel and see just how it rolls live pidgons that my dad in law needs killed .

VIP Member
    I've got three 1100's, and one of them I've had since the late 1960's and it (and the others) have been highly reliable.

IMHO it is one of the best shotguns made for the money.

Sounds like you got a great deal.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I've got three 1100's, and one of them I've had since the late 1960's and it (and the others) have been highly reliable.
    funny lol , I seem to remember one i had that had no O ring , or rather it had a steel o ring and it was from the 60s . Imho the worst thing most users do is to carelessly clean the 1100 , they seem to allways get the gas piston ( which runs on the outside of the mag ) parts in the wrong order , and then are ready to sell it when it dont work lol . I have bought and sold at least three from folks who say the gun is " jammed " that all i needed to do is re stage the gas system and it would run . I got rough with mine using power tools and air pressure to do a fast rough clean . It now hand cycles rounds when the mag is fully loaded . Yall would cry to see the amount of " unique " that i scrubbed out of it tho lol . BTW the trigger is actually nice , i mean nice in the rifle standard . About 3.5# and i suspect it will " bump fire from the shoulder" if i dont watch it . Dry firing the shotty it goes click just before i think about shooting it . Should be interesting on live birds lol .

funny lol , I seem to remember one i had that had no O ring , or rather it had a steel o ring and it was from the 60s . Imho the worst thing most users do is to carelessly clean the 1100 , they seem to allways get the gas piston ( which runs on the outside of the mag ) parts in the wrong order , and then are ready to sell it when it dont work lol . I have bought and sold at least three from folks who say the gun is " jammed " that all i needed to do is re stage the gas system and it would run . I got rough with mine using power tools and air pressure to do a fast rough clean . It now hand cycles rounds when the mag is fully loaded . Yall would cry to see the amount of " unique " that i scrubbed out of it tho lol . BTW the trigger is actually nice , i mean nice in the rifle standard . About 3.5# and i suspect it will " bump fire from the shoulder" if i dont watch it . Dry firing the shotty it goes click just before i think about shooting it . Should be interesting on live birds lol .

I've still got my first 1100 I picked up in 1981. It was an SA Skeet model and I've bet I've run over 20,000 rounds through it. It still hase the original O ring for the barrel gas system. I always cleaned it after shooting it and it still shoots like a brand new gun. it's also one of the best dove guns I've ever used with that skeet barrel. I've also got an OU Browning Superposed but after a days shooting my shoulder knows it. For $400 you got a fine deal and you can always pick up a vent rib barrel for it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Links