Just bought my first shottie!

This is a discussion on Just bought my first shottie! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HeadHunter Mossbergs have a 5-40 thread and they are the only ones who use it. Your easiest fix is to put a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought my first shottie!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    Mossbergs have a 5-40 thread and they are the only ones who use it. Your easiest fix is to put a TruGlo Fat Bead on it. That's the one to the far right in the photo. You can get it at Bass Pro Shops or other big retailers. The next option is to put a Marbles Tritium Sight on it. Brownells carries it in 5-40.

Most of your other options will require drilling and tapping the barrel to 6-48. It's not that hard but most of us screwed it up the first time we did it.
    +1! That's my next modification for my 870. Solid advice.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Well, I'm done with my after hours work on these stupid computers. I think I'm gonna go...

Read the manual and clean it. I may even walk around the house with the lights off and my tactical flashlight poking around corners (unloaded) since the kids are all in bed and the Wife is at work.

Hehehehe, I can't wait to take down the first imaginary BG.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    sidesaddle is a must but the pistol grip is way over rated. I think it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunChuck View Post
    ...because the guy who sold me the "M88" upgrade parts said that he was going to take care of my forend issue. He received the forend/pistol grip/sling ring today so I will be looking to get the replacement, that is supposed to fit, sometime soon. We shall see...
    Did this ever work out for you? I am looking at a Mossy 500 forend tube on eBay right now.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Just bought my first shotgun. I have owned some .410 rifles, but I have never bought a long gun (all been willed to me).

I got a Maverick 88, figured that would be a good starter for me, plus at $180 it wasn't too bad.

Now on to modifications, first up a new pistol grip or collapsible stock. Then on to change the slide to one with a flashlight attachment, who knows what else I'll do.

I have many ideas from the tactical shotgun thread to mull over.

Consider a
    Knoxx SpecOps recoil reducing stock
    A Mako foregrip Its a pistol grip for your pump that holds a flashlight and lets you and lets you control the light without letting go of the pistol grip and has a rail to mount a laser to. You can also store batteries in the grip
    A LaserLyte
    A NovaTac Flashlight. 120 lumens with four settings 10 lum, 42 lum, 120 lum and strobe light
    A red dot sight
    Oh and a couple dozen boxes of wally world multi purpose ammo because that set up is a blast to shoot. I still can not get over how much fun it is
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links