Kriss Super V Owners?

Kriss Super V Owners?

This is a discussion on Kriss Super V Owners? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was curious if anyone out there had picked up one of these yet or maybe knows someone who has? TSI's website lists that these ...

Thread: Kriss Super V Owners?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar

Kriss Super V Owners?

I was curious if anyone out there had picked up one of these yet or maybe knows someone who has? TSI's website lists that these little babies have 60,000 rounds through them without a major failure (take that for what its worth). I was wondering about reliability myself. Obviously its too soon to even discuss anything approaching long-term stuff. But more, I was wondering about anything with excessive wear and tear on the internals. Its a pretty radically designed system from what I understand.

Thoughts? Links to magazine articles?
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I haven't seen one in person, but watched some coverage of the SHOT show featuring one. Interesting design, it remains to be seen if there is really any benefit to such a setup.

They talked about how little recoil the gun has, but watching the guy shoot one, he didn't appear to be moving about any less than someone with a standard AR designed carbine.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

BAC
    I think the Kriss is still mostly a proof-of-concept, like the couple newer Magpul designs, something even stated by their own designers. They came right out and said something to the effect of "We came up with the idea, and tested it on .45 ACP to see if it works".

I haven't heard of a lot of folks complaining about their MP5s, though, so how the Kriss is supposed to compete against that and short-barrel ARs is beyond me.

-B

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Well for the carbine versions all they have to do is offer a lower price and better service than HK.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Mo
    I played with one at the NRA show. Light and handy but really bulky in the middle. Didn't feel very manuverable, similar to how I feel about FN's big new bulky 223 bullpup.

Links