An AR-15 question

An AR-15 question

This is a discussion on An AR-15 question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a question for all those with knowledge of the various AR-15 models an manufacturers: With all the 'fancy' tactical style AR's on the market ...

Thread: An AR-15 question

An AR-15 question

Here's a question for all those with knowledge of the various AR-15 models an manufacturers:

With all the 'fancy' tactical style AR's on the market today, does anyone still make and sell a 'plain Jane' model ?

During my time in 'Nam, I used both an M-16 and an M-1 Carbine at various times. In my older years, I have wanted to add those to my collection. I found a good M-1 Carbine last year and restored it to pristine condition. I realize I won't be able to come up with an M-16, but an AR-15 would do if I could find one without all the tactical stuff.

I'll certainly appreciate any information y'all can provide.

Administrator
    Yup, they all make a plain model, most call it the standard A2.

Rock River Arms: Standard A2 / A4

Bushmaster isn't showing the standard model on their site, but you can still get one from them.

Bushmaster Competition Models
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 17th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

SIXTO,

I just checked both those links.... exactly what I was looking for !

I'll head for my local gun shop tomorrow and see if they can order one, just did not want to look like a complete dummy not knowing what I was looking for.

My thanks to you for the information !

Do you have a preference on one of those brands over the other ?

Administrator
    Both are excellent, I prefer the RRA. Fit and finish seem to be a little better as is the customer service. Be prepared to wait though, all AR manufactures are little busy at the moment.

No need to thank me, I should be thanking you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

SIXTO,

That's the great thing about this board, lots of good information shared for the benefit of all by respectful and thoughtful folks.

My appreciation for the information, I've gleaned a lot of information from your posts for a long time.

I find that a lot of fomer military when given the opportunity buy a civilian legal version of the weapons they carried while serving in the armed forces as far as personal weapons,I own several AR 15's only my RRA was purchased built,everything else was either built from a kit or I bought a SS match barrel and built the gun around it.they are very easy to work on and shoot pretty good,with lots of trigger pulls between mag swaps,when I served we only had the 20 round mags
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Firearms, ar15 parts, ar15 accessories, m16, ar15 kns

They can assemble an A1/C7 for you...
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I would see if CMMG has anymore of their bargain bin rifles for $575 these were a heck of a deal. What you want is a standard A2 rifle, I too prefer this type verses the newer versions with collapsable stocks and all. I have recently bought a older Bushmaster HBar and a DPMS Sweet 16 and they are both awesome guns. I also bought everything to reload 223. I am warning you though, these rifles are addicting!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I have been very happy with my S&W M&P15A. The closest to plain Jane they make, M4 style.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Sponsored Links