Eo-Tech?

This is a discussion on Eo-Tech? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sorry if this is already on here somewhere, but i searched and i'm still lost. Which eo tech sight is best for my AR-15. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eo-Tech?

Eo-Tech?

Sorry if this is already on here somewhere, but i searched and i'm still lost. Which eo tech sight is best for my AR-15.
    It sounds like that the 511 is the best but i see that there are more than one 511 with diff. options. I don't want to spend too much but want a good all around sight.
    Which model is everyone going with?
    Again sorry if this is a repetitive question.
    "I am completely out of ammo.......thats never happened to me before?" Burt Gummer -Tremors2-

"In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say "Stop, or I'll say stop again." Robin Williams

2. Remove Ads

the 512 uses AA batteries , I think it's better then the 511
    the 552 is just like the 512 just with night sight use( doubt you need)

now the new 557 is raised 7mm has side mounted controls and has 4 dots preset for the ..223 for 300,400,500,600 yards

If you can afford the 557 get it if not , go with the 512...
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Get the one with the "AA" battery option. I think its the 512 version. No need for night site compatability.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Thanks guys, where is the best place to buy? I here a lot on here about cheaper than dirt, would that be the best price?
    "I am completely out of ammo.......thats never happened to me before?" Burt Gummer -Tremors2-

"In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say "Stop, or I'll say stop again." Robin Williams

Search,search,search,search, there are about 1000 dealers on the web not counting the forums. When I got mine opticsplanet.com had the best price. don't be afraid to call and ask for a better price, someone will make you a deal. It all depends on how much time you want to invest in saving $20-$40 there is so many dealers most of them have to be priced pretty close already.. good luck.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks guys you are very helpful, thats why i love this site!

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I agree. Try Optics Planet. Best price I have seen on one so far. There is a guy locally that sells them for $350 but he doesnt have internet sales.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I have the 512 EOTech on my BushMaster...specifically because of the AA battery option...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

BAC
    Why EOTech, out of curiosity?

-B

Administrator
    I purchased from opticsplanet. As advertised. Brand Spanky New and not reconditioned or anything like that.
    No problems w/ a credit card purchase. Just FYI.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator

EOTech Info For BAC

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Why EOTech, out of curiosity?
    -B
    The EOTech is a true Hologram/Holographic sight. It is not an ordinary Optical Red Dot sight. That is why it is so much more expensive.

With an Optical Red Dot the dot is at the location of the firearm.

With a true Holographic the image viewed through the unit is converted into a hologram and the illuminated reticle image is laid onto the intended target out to (or at) the target location.
    BUT, it is NOT physically projected out like a laser beam is projected out.

The EOTech is used correctly with both eyes open.
    The EOTech is also a huge advantage if the shooter is near sighted.
    Since everything is is crisp focus wearing eyegalsses because the illusion is that everything including the reticle is out at the target plane.
    It's really an amazing piece of technology and much better explained on the EOTech web site than by me here on DC.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It's really an amazing piece of technology and much better explained on the EOTech web site than by me here on DC.
    I thought you did a pretty good job QK

Administrator
    On the EOTech web site they have an EOTech SIMULATOR and it's really modestly neat BUT, they can't actually simulate the Hologram image/viewing on a computer monitor but it will give you a semi-passable gist but, it is by no means a true or accurate representation.

I also have the 512. I considered the 552 and 553 and the 557, but additional dollars in price just to have NV compatibility or side mounted controls just didn't make sense, since I switch between an Aimpoint and EOtech.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The EOTech is a true Hologram/Holographic sight. It is not an ordinary Optical Red Dot sight. That is why it is so much more expensive.

With an Optical Red Dot the dot is at the location of the firearm.

With a true Holographic the image viewed through the unit is converted into a hologram and the illuminated reticle image is laid onto the intended target out to (or at) the target location.
    BUT, it is NOT physically projected out like a laser beam is projected out.

The EOTech is used correctly with both eyes open.
    The EOTech is also a huge advantage if the shooter is near sighted.
    Since everything is is crisp focus wearing eyegalsses because the illusion is that everything including the reticle is out at the target plane.

Understood but why not an Aimpoint? I have that combined with the 3X magnifier on one of mine and I LOVE IT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links