My new Bullpup AK

My new Bullpup AK

This is a discussion on My new Bullpup AK within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just picked it up today. 7.62x39 Century Arms Bullpup...

My new Bullpup AK

Just picked it up today.

7.62x39 Century Arms Bullpup

Administrator
    Buck Rogers called, he wants to know if you know how to set that to "stun".

Really though, Neat rifle!
    "Just blame Sixto"

That's pretty cool looking.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I'm not usually too big on bullpups, but that looks pretty cool. Let us know how it shoots.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I'll be interested to hear how it shoots. I was looking at the very model before I settled on my AR. It was the only AK I could find that fit me, you know? The only thing I could find wrong with it is that the mag was a little difficult to get out (it had to contact the grip) - 'course that could have just been my inexperience! Also, I couldn't find any reviews on it, and I don't have enough experience with AK's to be able to tell if it was a good gun. I look forward to your range report. Hope it shoots well.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Yes it does have to touch the grip. I sort of look at it as a guide. Touch grip and push up. :) I like the way it mounts on your shoulder. Your trigger arm is extended further out then an AR. You can really push back on the gun to get a good firm connection. Then you grip the trigger fore grip with both hands just like a pistol. It almost sounds sexual.. :)

I hear ya. It felt great on my shoulder, and the sights lined up just perfect. It took me about two minutes to get the mag out, so I put it back, and decided to do a little research. Couldn't find any reviews on it, so I put it down the line. I'm only on my second rifle, and I wanted to be sure I knew what I was getting. Please let us all know how it shoots! My one EBR is a little lonely in the safe.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Looks really cool, No offence but from this long time AK shooter it doesn't look very practical. As said already removing and inserting the mag seem to be a real pain, and how do you manipulate the safety with out removing your strong hand from the grip? Do you rack from going under or over the top? I guess with anything there is a learning curve and allot of practice time,
    Have fun and be safe.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I saw that in Gun Digest a few weeks ago, as I was reading in bed one night. I showed it to my wife, and told her that I really liked it, and I would probably get one soon. I happened to notice a few nights later that she had marked it. My birthday is in 10 days, so I held off going to the gun sow to buy one this weekend, As I may have a surprise soon. She had also asked how someone went about buying a rifle by mail order. Now, if I don't get it, I'm sure that she will have gotten me something else that I want, and I'll just get one after I get back from a trip in a couple of weeks. It's a cool gun. Congratulations!

There is one of those taunting me from the rack in one of the local gun shops here in town. Id be interested in a range report when you get time
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Moderator
    I've looked at them but could never find anyone who had shot one.

Lets us know how it handles
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    The mag reload is the biggest trouble I can see. Maybe using an AK-47 Tactical Release from Red Star Arms would improve the change.

I Have one installed in my Ak and for the Bullpup you would use the thumb to release the mag without having to let go of the grip.

And I would have to check those sights... how are they?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

hmm...I think I'll stick to my regular AK's...that thing just looks awkward to manipulate (mag-changes, selector lever, etc.).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    hmm...I think I'll stick to my regular AK's...that thing just looks awkward to manipulate (mag-changes, selector lever, etc.).
    +1. I'm a lefty too. So all that brass would be ringing my bell.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links