AR-10T and back to shooting and reloading

This is a discussion on AR-10T and back to shooting and reloading within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A while back I decided to sell off my M1A for an AR-10T before the next election. Not knowing who is going to win or ...

Thread: AR-10T and back to shooting and reloading

A while back I decided to sell off my M1A for an AR-10T before the next election. Not knowing who is going to win or what they have planned I just wanted to have one before the price goes up or they become unavailable to the regular guy. I enjoy shooting longer range and .308 has always been a favorite of mine so a month ago I won the bid on an AR-10T with Springfield 4X14X56 3rd generation scope and bipod from gunbroker.com. After I got it I purchased a Magpul PRS adjustable rear stock on a group buy from the Snipers Hide forums. Yesterday I just received and put an Accu-Shot rear monopod BT-13 W/quick adjustable attachment on the rear of the Magpul PRS stock. This fits the rail instead of the standard version that fits sling studs. It also folds up when not in use. It only took 3 days from order to receiving it. I'm tickled pink with it and no more folding up a sandbag to make it fit. Check out Accu-Shot Monopod Precision Shooting rifle rest Magpul PRS Rail Since my bipod is the 9 to 13 inch version I got the higher version of rear monopod. I really slowed down shooting and reloading for quite a few years but with this rifle and my wife's Shiloh Sharps 45/70 I've been having a ball reloading and casting my own bullets and jumped back into the reloading with both feet. I've also got a Bushmaster Varminter AR-15 that is a pleasure to shoot but there is something about shooting a bigger rifle at longer ranges.

Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

VIP Member
    Nice!!!
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Very very nice!!

Are you shooting cast bullets out of your AR10 and if so what type and do you hand feed them or do they cycle thru the mag
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Very Very Nice!!!

Ditto on the cast bullet question. I always thought that the bullet lube would play heck with the gas guns.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Very Very Nice!!!

Ditto on the cast bullet question. I always thought that the bullet lube would play heck with the gas guns.

Hoss
    That's what i'm thinking the smoke off the lube etc. would tend to clog the gas tube quicker than copper plated
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

I have the mono pod on several of my rifles and love it.

You need to add a Pod Loc on the bipod assuming it is a S model- gives you absolute freedom and greatly complements the Mono Pod.

Pod-Loc - From KMW - Long Range Solutions
    "Nobody gets shot twice, until everybody that should be shot, gets shot once..."

While I've cast and shot 30 caliber bullets I have not tried it through the AR. For the same reason you mentioned. I was worried about the lube getting into the gas action. Thanks for the idea on the Pod-Loc. Sounds lie just what I need.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Looks great! I have a .308 rifle as well, and I LOVE it! Great caliber.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

I know you can buy milspec 30 calibre FMJ bullets at www.wideners.com pretty cheap in 147grn 168 grn and 175 grn

Sponsored Links