Defensive Carry banner

Recommendations for a Barred Flat Top AR Upper?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Chooie 
#1 ·
I have a Colt A2 Govt. Carbine with non detachable carry handle and am looking to get a barreled flat top upper for it.

I hate the idea of spending $800 to get a Colt flat top upper so I am looking for recommendations for what people think is the best manufacturer of barreled flat top uppers that are head spaced and ready to drop in that are well below the $800 mark.

Thanks

#2 ·
Model 1 sales have uppers for about 1/2 that price,chrome lined 16" upper flattop w/out carry handle starting at $350.00 + $75.00 A2 detachable carry handle

#4 ·
You should have no problem getting an excellent quality upper receiver for under $800. What length barrel are you looking for? Outstanding quality from LMT, BCM, and Sabre Defence - and all of them are in your price range. Sabre Defence is expensive, BCM will be hard to get, LMT is probably the best value out there for complete upper receivers. They are in the $450 range without handguards, which cost $20~50 or so.

As far as headspace goes, you shouldn't have anything to worry about as long as you use a new bolt.

Austin

#6 · (Edited)
I'd go with the LMT barrled upper. Flat topped with BCG for just over $500. All barrels are chrome moly chrome lined with 1:7 twist rate. Personally I'd not want anything twist rate in a 16" Mil Spec rifle. If your looking to go long range then you should consider what ammunition, what ranges your going attempt to shoot at and then what twist rate is going to get you there. If your looking for the best 16" Mil Spec then nobody makes them as good as LMT. It's just that simple.

Put a rail system on it and a rear flip up iron and your good to go.

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=63&cid=6&session=05c702b90af6ebb75191c86503f2797b

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.