Bushmaster XM-15 E2S M4 help.

This is a discussion on Bushmaster XM-15 E2S M4 help. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by crzy4guns Looking at the box now - says item BCWA3F 14M4 IZ. I don't think Cabelas is a class 3 dealer, was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bushmaster XM-15 E2S M4 help.

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    Looking at the box now - says item BCWA3F 14M4 IZ. I don't think Cabelas is a class 3 dealer, was I just lucky or am I headed for Leavenworth?
    You're fine. As others have already indicated, if the flash suppressor isn't removable, it's considered in the barrel length so you make the 16" minimum. Whenever I see the term "pre-ban" used, I automatically think removable flash suppressor. My mistake.

One of your origianl questions was about ammo. On my two that have 1/9 barrels, I like the 55 grain and lower bullets. My 24" DPMS bull barrel is a 1/2MOA gun with this ammo. I'm hoping the new DPMS carbine will do half as well with the same ammo. This Hornady V-Max ammo shoots as good and is a devastating bullet, but it won't shoot any better out of my rifles and is 50% more expensive. For range ammo, I've found the Winchester white box available at Wal-Mart to do just about as well as anything. My Colt HBAR 1/7 barrel likes the >60 grain ammo better than the lighter stuff.

Enjoy your new shooter.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2. Remove Ads

+100 on the Magpul Promags......They are awesome!! I need to get more!
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Thanks Sixto and Hoss, and all of you guys, you have given me a lot of great information.
    God bless our troops!

Go to 44mag.com for your mags.

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    After reading the posts on DC, I realized that I did not own a SHTF or a EOTWAWKI firearm in case Dawn of the Dead zombies invade my hometown in Kansas, so I remedied that situation and bought me a Bushmaster XM -15 E2S M4 in .223 and with a 14.5 inch barrel with the 1 in 9 inch twist rate. It is a preban model with the bayonet lug, collapsible stock and removable carry handle with the Picatinny rail. It came with one 30 round magazine, so where can I find quality 30 round magazines?

I will try to post some pics soon, as my previous attempts have been dismal failures. What ammo do you all recomend? Accessories? Hopefully I got a quality carbine as it was down to this and a Ruger mini 14 NRA model. Would love to hear from any AR - 15 owners out there. I had a Colt AR - 15 A2 with a 20 inch barrel and like a blooming idiot sold it 20 years ago so this sort of makes up for that mistake. I bought it at Cabelas nib as it was the last one they had in this model.
    Good mags right here in your own backyard, sorta. Center Industries in Wichita builds them for the guvmint, and ammoman.com has new overruns on sale now.

I believe CMMG has milspec mags for $9.95 ea.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks everyone for your input on this thread!

I feel that with the upcoming elections, I had better get my urban rifle now and stretch the budget, then to wait until next year and pay through the nose - if I would still be able to buy one that is!
    God bless our troops!

JT
    Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY PMAGs.

There are already enough AR owners out there foiling my plans to by up all the available PMAGs.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links