My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock.

This is a discussion on My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Any time you mess with the drop in the comb, you're likely going to bugger up the view of your sites. Could some sort of ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock.

Any time you mess with the drop in the comb, you're likely going to bugger up the view of your sites.

Could some sort of saddle for that type of stock have helped you or the OP at all by raising the comb a bit?

-JT

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Any time you mess with the drop in the comb, you're likely going to bugger up the view of your sites.

Could some sort of saddle for that type of stock have helped you or the OP at all by raising the comb a bit?

-JT
    Will the CAA cheek rest fit that stock?
    -Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Danman6523 View Post
    I have a knoxx spec ops stock as well, but I was wondering if anyone else had problems with your sights while using this stock. It seems like the stock forces me to tilt my head to look down the sights right. Does anyone know of any solutions to this. I found some picatinny rails that can be added which may help. If you have experienced this or know of a solution please share. Thanks Dan
    I don't get a proper cheek weld with my SpecOps Stock either, as I use a holo sight it is not a big issue. But I'll probably get a Knoxx Power Pack though I don't need its extra features a solid cheek weld would be nice. Cheaper Than Dirt has the best price I have seen.

Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

The original stock has drop in the comb. The Knoxx does not. I need the drop. Adding a cheek rest would raise my head even higher and magnify the issue I have with the Knoxx. The dealer took the Knoxx back and I got my money back. I'm happy.

Bottom line. The Knoxx works exactly as advertised. It just don't work for my shooting style.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

I have a Mossberg 500 and have the ATI stock on it which is similar to the non sprung version of the Knoxx stock. My wife does not like the kick of the gun even with the reduced recoil loads. I am considering the Knoxx Spec Ops stock, but I see in this thread, the talk of this stock having the same issue as the ATI stock. It was very difficult to get a good sight down the barrel of the gun. It took a bit of doing but I finally found and bought this part off of eBay (thanks Ram Rod), Rifle Stocks and other Gunstocks for AK, AR, SKS and more - Advanced Technology International USA. I did get this part yesterday and added it between the ATI stock and the gun. BIG difference!! I now get a very good sight picture. I am wondering, but have no idea, if this same part could be used with the Knoxx stock? It has a rib around it that fits right into the Mossberg receiver. Just wondering.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    I am wondering, but have no idea, if this same part could be used with the Knoxx stock? It has a rib around it that fits right into the Mossberg receiver. Just wondering.
    It may interfere with the recoil function of the Spec Ops stock. Looks like it is made to fit ATI stocks. I am adding the Knoxx Power Pack (above) since it is made for the Knoxx Stock. Another option may be the CAA Adjustable Cheek Rest

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Well, I have the part, I may carefully give it a try. I will let you know how it works.

Thanks, Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

We made the drop spacer to specifically fit between our stock and the receiver. I'm not certain it will fit on a Knoxx, but it is worth a try. The spacer will drop the comb about 5/8", which should make it easier to get a clear sight picture without ghost ring sights.

Email me if you're interested in checking out our new stock, grip and the spacer.

S
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

I have tried the spacer with the Knoxx Spec Ops stock. It does work, but leaves a bit of a gap at the bottom. I have removed it for now. I do like the Spec Ops stock better than the ATI stock though. It works as advertised.

Ron
    Last edited by ront; December 8th, 2008 at 08:48 PM.
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Great gun man, I have the same one with the extended mag tube for my home as well.
    Glock 19
    Springfield XD45
    Para Ord SF-45-A

Being a victim is a choice, it doesn't have to be yours - Support Concealed Carry on Campus

Quote Originally Posted by stoneypete View Post
    The original stock has drop in the comb. The Knoxx does not. I need the drop. Adding a cheek rest would raise my head even higher and magnify the issue I have with the Knoxx.
    My bad. Sorry not thinking. My set up is different. With a red dot on mine a bit of a rise would help me out. That of course does not apply to a bead sights duh sorry

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    I don't get a proper cheek weld with my SpecOps Stock either, as I use a holo sight it is not a big issue. But I'll probably get a Knoxx Power Pack though I don't need its extra features a solid cheek weld would be nice. Cheaper Than Dirt has the best price I have seen.

You could try OUR stock with the drop spacer on it. Lemme know if you're interested. We don't monkey about with Recoil Suppression Systems (read: cheap spring in a cheap housing) because if you properly seat the weapon, you should have no problem with recoil. My 5'2" shooting partner has no trouble shooting mag loads all day with it...and she's a good shot!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    You could try OUR stock with the drop spacer on it. Lemme know if you're interested. We don't monkey about with Recoil Suppression Systems (read: cheap spring in a cheap housing) because if you properly seat the weapon, you should have no problem with recoil. My 5'2" shooting partner has no trouble shooting mag loads all day with it...and she's a good shot!
    See my post above I misspoke I do not need a drop I need a rise. The Knoxx recoil reducing stock works excellent for me. Recoil and more importantly muzzle rise is non existent. My follow up shots are far more accurate and much quicker. You are right the Knoxx recoil reducing stock is plastic so was the mossberg OEM stock there is nothing cheap or shoddy about either IMO. My XD and AR is plastic too, obviously I do not have the aversion to tupperware that I used to have. Plastics are incredible materials especially when corrosion resistance strength and weight are important.
    Please do PM or post me your link I'd be happy to see what you have to offer. For what it is worth, I sold my ad agency years ago so things may have changed but my experience is that denigrating the competitions products is not the best way to market your products. A better tact is to talk about what makes your products good, let your customers make the comparisons. I also avoid saying anything a customer might take as a criticism of their skills or abilities. Just a thought no offense intended. Again please do send me your link

Well I have owned both the ATI adjustable stock and now the Knoxx Spec Ops stock. The drop spacer did help the ATI stock, although it was INCREDIBLY hard to get. ATI actually gave the the phone number of someone who denied that they even sold this part. I honestly think that the construction and materials used in the Knoxx stock is better. Time will tell this for sure, but at this point that is what my thinking is. The Knoxx stock is not just a gimmick either. It works and works well!
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    I have a Mossberg 500 and have the ATI stock on it which is similar to the non sprung version of the Knoxx stock. My wife does not like the kick of the gun even with the reduced recoil loads. I am considering the Knoxx Spec Ops stock, but I see in this thread, the talk of this stock having the same issue as the ATI stock. It was very difficult to get a good sight down the barrel of the gun. It took a bit of doing but I finally found and bought this part off of eBay (thanks Ram Rod), Rifle Stocks and other Gunstocks for AK, AR, SKS and more - Advanced Technology International USA. I did get this part yesterday and added it between the ATI stock and the gun. BIG difference!! I now get a very good sight picture. I am wondering, but have no idea, if this same part could be used with the Knoxx stock? It has a rib around it that fits right into the Mossberg receiver. Just wondering.

Ron
    I have the 590, and I took off the high cheek relief on the power pack, because I couldn't see down the ghost ring sights. It'd be perfect in that set up if I had optics, though.
    Trapped behind the lines in the Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey......NRA Certified Firearms Instructor-2009.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links