My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock. - Page 3

My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock.

This is a discussion on My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In addition, to the Knoxx Spec Ops stock, I added an ATI foregrip, and 1pt sling from blackhawk! It's one mean lookin' mofo. Will post ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock.

In addition, to the Knoxx Spec Ops stock, I added an ATI foregrip, and 1pt sling from blackhawk! It's one mean lookin' mofo. Will post pics soon.
    Trapped behind the lines in the Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey......NRA Certified Firearms Instructor-2009.

I'm not big in following every marketing trend or googahh proffered to the masses myslelf. I got a pachy...shortened LOP for my arms...I found this to be the best fitting/most comfortable stock for the 590 IMHO.

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfvr View Post
    I'm not big in following every marketing trend or googahh proffered to the masses myslelf.
    Exactly right. Get what works well for you. While I agree 100% with your sentiment I do have to wonder if you have tried the KNOXX Spec-Ops Stock? I've learned better than to exercise contempt prior to investigation. If you have not tried the KNOXX stock Cabelas down the road from you has them on sale for $119. I strongly suggest you give it a try. Cabelas is good about returning you money if you do not like an item. Provided that you properly mount your shot gun you will notice that muzzle rise is literally eliminated. Vastly improving the speed and accuracy of your follow up shots. The fact that it reduces recoil so that you can shoot full power loads all day long without being beaten to death means that you can and will practice alot more with a KNOXX Stock than without
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I just installed a Knoxx SpecOps stock on my Mossberg 500 Persuader, and am pretty disappointed with how difficult it is to access the safety and the release with the pistol grip in the way. I'm surprised I didn't see any mention of these issues when I was reading reviews of the stock before buying it, since they seem like deal breakers to me. How are you guys dealing with it?

Sweet rig
    2A is not negotiable

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Ray View Post
    I just installed a Knoxx SpecOps stock on my Mossberg 500 Persuader, and am pretty disappointed with how difficult it is to access the safety and the release with the pistol grip in the way. I'm surprised I didn't see any mention of these issues when I was reading reviews of the stock before buying it, since they seem like deal breakers to me. How are you guys dealing with it?
    I had the same issue, I sanded away the sharp edges, but the controls for the mossberg are not great for the specops stock, they are great for the traditional stock, i thought i had mentioned this issue already? I did bring it up with Blackhawk at SHOT 2008

Is the Persuader alot different than the 950A1? Because it is a non issue with a 950A1 which is the subject of this thread.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Is the Persuader alot different than the 950A1? Because it is a non issue with a 950A1 which is the subject of this thread.
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with that model. I thought this thread was about the 590A1, which is basically the military version of the 500 and has the exact same configuration for the slide release and safety.

I've decided that the issue with reaching the safety from the ready position can be resolved by just keeping the safety off and the chamber empty. If the gun is stored with the trigger pulled and chamber empty, the slide will already be unlocked and ready to rock when needed.

I'm still hoping someone makes an extended slide release lever that protrudes a bit more for better access around the pistol grip.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that model. I thought this thread was about the 590A1, which is basically the military version of the 500 and has the exact same configuration for the slide release and safety.
    Duhh opps dyslexic typing. Sorry a 590A1 is what I meant and have. The one in the pic in my previous post.

So I am not understanding the safety location issue with a Knoxx Stock as the safety is in the same place with or without the stock and equally accessible. Vang Comp makes an over sized safety for the 590 A1. Not sure if it will work for you or not

I understand that it is still accessible, the issue is that it isn't accessible with your hand on the pistol grip. The controls are all easily accessible with the standard stock without moving your hand from the ready position. Does that make sense? That was actually the main reason I picked the Mossy over the Rem 870. I guess with the 870 you'd still have to remove your hand from the pistol grip to reach the slide release, but at least the safety is easily accessible.

I'm still pretty sure I'm going to keep the Knoxx SpecOps on it though, because it makes it so much more enjoyable to shoot.

Bayonet lug is lost. Bummer

Mossberg 590A1 with a +2 (7+1) tube extension.

GC

Quote Originally Posted by MAX100 View Post
    Mossberg 590A1 with a +2 (7+1) tube extension.

GC
    I thought that 7+1 was stock? My 590A1 20 inch barrel holds 7+1 with no tube extension

I thought that 7+1 was stock? My 590A1 20 inch barrel holds 7+1 with no tube extension
    The one in the picture is a 18.5" barrel 590A1 and comes with 5+1 capacity. The tube extension adds +2. This is a very versatile shotgun. The 835 barrels will fit and also the 500 Tactical Breacher barrel. You can only fire up to 3" shells out of the 835 barrel installed on the 590 receiver.

How does the Knoxx SpecOps Recoil Stock handle 00 MAGNUM loads?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links