My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock.

This is a discussion on My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw the Knoxx stock and fell in love with it. I've always wanted a pistol grip shogun, but folks with more experience than me ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Mossberg 590A1 with Knoxx SpecOps stock.

I saw the Knoxx stock and fell in love with it. I've always wanted a pistol grip shogun, but folks with more experience than me told me to "get one with a stock". This was the best of both worlds. I went to my local candy store looking for Mossberg 500 and I was going to order the Knoxx. They had this girl instock and when comparing the 590A1 and the 500 there was no comparison. They also had a Knoxx instock. It was more than I'd intended to pay, but this shotgun will be around LOOOOOOOONG after I'm dead.

The Knoxx works as advertised and recoil is significantly reduced. However the drop in the comb is now different and I have a hard time using my ghost ring sights. I may go back to orginal configuration. More shooting will have to be done.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Congrats on the new gun! I'm a big fan of the Knoxx stock as well.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I have one on my 590 as well, I suggest that you sand the area around the locking bar release to remove sharp edges. I hate recoil and also put a medium sized grind to fit limbsaver pad on mine, I call it the "Wussmaster 2000"

here's mine

She's a keeper...
    For home defense, she'll 'Get-R-Done'...

Congrats on the new shottie.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on the new Mossberg 590A1! I am sure with more shooting you'll get back on the ghost ring.

I have a Knoxx on my Moss 500. Great stock. I took it to a training class one weekend and the instructors couldn't get enough of it. 2 of them bought one for their own scatterguns after that weekend. They were on the fence about how well the recoil reduction would work but they were believers after throwing lead with mine.

Worth every penny!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Would this help you out? If so, available here for less money.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I have one too makes a huge difference the speed and accuracy of my follow up shots. You may want to consider a red dot sight nothing like being able to keep both eyes on the threat and a MAKO T-Grip.
    Its a foregrip that goes on the pump. Speeds chambering rounds and also keeps muzzle flip down. Most importantly it holds a flashlight that you can operate with the trigger in the pistol grip so you can turn the flashlight off & on change functions with out letting go of your grip. You can store flashlight batteries inside the grip too. IMO its essential part of a HD shotgun
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Nice 590A1 Stoney. Iíve been thinking of getting a Knoxx for my 590AI.

Where is your bayonet? A 590A1 is not complete without one.

Believe it or not I just brought the Knoxx stock back. The shotty is more comfortable with the speed feed stock it came with. I guess were all a bit different.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The 590 controls work best with the traditional stock, the 870 style works nicely with the specops.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneypete View Post
    Believe it or not I just brought the Knoxx stock back. The shotty is more comfortable with the speed feed stock it came with. I guess were all a bit different.
    Was it the recoil reducing stock or just the adjustable stock? Either way I believe you. In my experience the recoil reducing stock work as advertised and better than a I expected. A dramatic reduction in recoil and muzzle flip resulting in vast improvement in the accuracy and speed of my follow up shots. So even though it is hard for me to imagine it not working for anyone as you said we are all different.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by stoneypete View Post
    I find the shotty operates better for me with the speedfeed also. I just can't get to like a pistol grip on a shotty especially in CQ. I do like that Mako grip...
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Was it the recoil reducing stock or just the adjustable stock? Either way I believe you. In my experience the recoil reducing stock work as advertised and better than a I expected. A dramatic reduction in recoil and muzzle flip resulting in vast improvement in the accuracy and speed of my follow up shots. So even though it is hard for me to imagine it not working for anyone as you said we are all different.
    It was the recoil reducing. And it worked great. However I was uncomfortable when I sholdered the weapon. The speedfeed stock is just right when I bring the weapon to my sholder. Yeah there is considerably more recoil now, but nothing I can't handle. Besides if I ever had to use this at 0 dark 30 I wan't familiarty and comfort.

I have a knoxx spec ops stock as well, but I was wondering if anyone else had problems with your sights while using this stock. It seems like the stock forces me to tilt my head to look down the sights right. Does anyone know of any solutions to this. I found some picatinny rails that can be added which may help. If you have experienced this or know of a solution please share. Thanks Dan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links