Defensive Carry banner

Special 10/22 find at Wal-Mart

14K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  kylebce 
#1 ·
I was in Kentucky yesterday to do some work at our family farm and had to make a stop at Wal-Mart. After the work there's always shooting (Which is a great policy and personal goal) and I needed some ammo. I was at the counter and saw an odd finished Ruger 10/22.

I checked it out and it was a 22" barrel model and all the metal is stainless and looks tohave a powder coat finish. My 10/22 has been shot and abused so much it's just about worn out. So I bought it.

Last night I was researching it online and found that it is a special item sold only at Wal-Mart. Here's a link:
Walmart.com: Ruger 10/22 Rifle with 22 Barrel: Hunting

I wanted to share the find with my fellow shooters on the forum, you may find it interesting as I did.

#8 ·
Ruger and Wal-mart are always making those deals. I bought one several years ago that was stainless with a laminated stock. It was simply beautiful. Sold it after a couple years to get something else. After I sold it, I found out it was a Wal-mart exclusive. The one you got is very nice too.

#9 ·
Interesting. So since this was a Wal Mart exclusive, does that mean it has a chip and GPS locator system installed?

#10 ·
I picked up one a while back, it's a nice shooter. If memory serves, I paid about $230. I added a set of Tech-Sights (TSR100?) for it & that really made it nice to shoot. They required only a very small adjustment for zero after installation. I believe the combination of Tech-Sights & the 22" barrel makes for the longest iron sights radius possible on a non-custom 10/22.

Just an FYI, if you cut off the existing sling mount loops (small bolt cutter), leaving the studs, the studs are easily drilled the rest of the way through to accomodate a set of the quick release sling swivels. It's easier (and cheaper) than replacing them with a new set of sling studs ...

Nick

#14 ·
This was my first rifle that I received for Christmas 7-8 years ago!

I still have it, love it. Nice birch stock too.. I think it was around $235 then, so seems the price has remained about consistent.

#16 ·
Oops. $238. After the fact I was cruising Gander Mountain and found a little Leopold (sp?) scope at 20% off and threw it on w/ some see thru scope mounts. We're in business!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.